1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Some numbers for World Maths Day

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by pengyou, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ...and it is these same '***' that are trying to make this school work. There is another perspective, in which the school has been, still is (despite the debacle) and could be - a fabulous learning community with a dedicated staff force (clearly something drives them on), extremely supportive parents and inspirational pupils. This is what makes people stay - people who believe they CAN make it work. People that should be applauded and supported - not slated. However, I would not want any new staff, leaving home and chasing a dream that has been dressed up with tinsel and fairy lights. That dream is definitely not in this school and I find it immoral that staff are being recruited into these conditions.

2. Come on pengyou - you clearly know something more than you are letting on. Why not tell the rest of your pengyous?

3. I really dont know which I find more disgusting, the criminal way teachers are being treated at this school OR the abusive cynicism of these old gits against those who were or could be their potential colleagues.
    Someone needs to explain to me, what motivates these people to make such hateful and snide comments. Do you enjoy it? Are you bored? Superior? Are you on a TES retainer, do you get paid for each negative comment?
    Let me tell you why I and a considerable amount of my co-workers are still at this Sour Comp. We have made a commitment to the exam groups to get them through to the end of the year. We need to ensure that we get paid until we leave in our own time, at our own pace.
    When I come home at night, the last thing I feel like doing is sitting here as I am now, typing angrily away, yet again, focussing on the days pitiful events. But I write this, and this is what ignites their flame, for the good of others, as SHSurprise so elequently explained (for the 10th time no doubt) it is that simple. Is that so bad?
    Yes, I could keep my mouth shut like so many others who have passed through those ugly grey metal gates, my hope and aim is to ensure no other teacher will do the same.

4. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Hmm. Well, let's just suppose that the school in question really is absolutely awful. Is this forum the right place to warn other teachers? I would have thought that the *** would be a better place to do that, especially as the TES mods are pretty keen on deleting posts that mention specific schools by name. If you cannot name the school, how effective are yours words of warning going to be?

5. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

The problem with *** is that school admin have started to post reviews that are obviously self serving. While I understand the need for TES to delete posts that specifically name particular schools or persons, I for one am grateful that this type of thread prompted me to further research. I DO NOT think the OP is wasting his or my time, I think he is providing a valuable opinion that should be heard, considered, and investigated by anyone considering employment.

Thank You OP

6. To update the figures:

2 - the number of confirmed students in the secondary school next year

1 - the number of key stages the school will offer in secondary as it says zai jian to key stage 4 and the IB diploma, and hello to the tardy remains of KS3

2 - here's that number again.......the number of weeks the 'educationalist' will again spend in the UK recruiting for a school that cannot be guaranteed operation beyond the summer

19/07 - the date the staff FECs expire having been granted 6 months rather than the usual 12

47+ - well, I can't tell you what all the numbers mean but watch this space