1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Some KS2/KS3 Medium Term Plans - any feedback gratefully received

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by piers.young, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hi
    We've just drafted some medium term plans for KS2 and KS3 to Year 8. A) I thought we should share them because we all seem to be in the same boat. B) If you have a moment, we'd love to get any feedback, good or bad, on the rationale, balance or lessons themselves.
    I'll be feeding it back to http://rethinkingict.wordpress.com/ (which if you haven't seen it and are interested in this sort of thing might be worth a look.)
    Thanks
    Piers

2. Hi Piers,

Can I start by saying I've spent the last couple of hours on your twitter feed links engrossed in everything you've posted - thanks so much!!
    Getting back to your topic - it seems KS3 IT is consigned to photoshop/commoncraft style, e-safety and e-issues then robotics and python.

I imagine this works to an extent in a primary and secondary-combined school but couldn't be applied in state sector currently. Also, some of the intricacies of HTML I don't see Year 5's getting, but that could just be my thoughts!

3. Yup - it's for an independent prep school and so rather depressingly tied to 13+ requirements - but we're keen that it links in in some way tomore normal scenarios so thanks for that. Will have a rethink.

As to the HTML, you might be pleasantly surprised! We've tried it with Year 4s and while it's admittedly a little like pulling teeth to start with (they want to code sites like miniclip and are too impatient to do the basics) slow going to start with, they begin to get the basics by the end of a term and can publsih their own HTML page online.

4. Not sharing quite as capably as you!
    Thanks Jan

5. You're welcome Piers! I've tweeted out the resource and forum link, too - looking forward to seeing how the discussion on this develops! [​IMG]