1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Some advice needed!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by katy_lou_99, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Hey to all you lovely posters, I'm after some advice relating to my DD (21 weeks).
    She is fast outgrowing her moses basket and I'm not quite ready to make the leap in putting her into her own room yet, so have bought a travel cot to go in our room as we don't have enough room to accomodate her actual cot.
    At the moment she is sleeping in her moses but I have put it into the travel cot so she gets used to it and it won't be so much of a transition when she actually goes in it.
    I was just wondering though what do I do about sheets, covers etc? Whilst in her moses she is either covered by a blanket or in a grobag, so do I just do the same in the travel cot, even though it is bigger than the moses? And what sort of thing should I put underneath her as not too sure if cot sheets will fit??
    Sorry most probably sounds like such a silly thing to be asking but really not sure what I should be doing and any advice will be welcome!
    Thanks in advance
    Katy

2. Hey to all you lovely posters, I'm after some advice relating to my DD (21 weeks).
    She is fast outgrowing her moses basket and I'm not quite ready to make the leap in putting her into her own room yet, so have bought a travel cot to go in our room as we don't have enough room to accomodate her actual cot.
    At the moment she is sleeping in her moses but I have put it into the travel cot so she gets used to it and it won't be so much of a transition when she actually goes in it.
    I was just wondering though what do I do about sheets, covers etc? Whilst in her moses she is either covered by a blanket or in a grobag, so do I just do the same in the travel cot, even though it is bigger than the moses? And what sort of thing should I put underneath her as not too sure if cot sheets will fit??
    Sorry most probably sounds like such a silly thing to be asking but really not sure what I should be doing and any advice will be welcome!
    Thanks in advance
    Katy

3. Cot sheets fit our travel cot but LO does nt like sleeping in it when away as its quite hard. If cot sheets dont' fit you could just use a normal sheet and tuck it in tightly. I also put her in her gro bag, just treat it as you would her normal cot.
    x

4. my friend has an extra mattress for her travel co, which she puts on top and puts the sheets on that.
    Having said that, I felt exactly the same as you - LO getting way to big for the moses basket but I didn;t want to let her go to the other room. OH suggested that I sleep in the nursery with her for a bit. Then I thought, what am I doing? She has a beautiful cot with a lovely new mattress and I want her to sleep in a travel cot (which in my case I would have struggled a lot to get her in and out of). So I bit the bullet and put her in her own room, and we stayed in ours. Cue angst on my part for the first few nights, but she was fine. You have to do what's right for you and your familiy, but I thought I'd share my experience. Good luck

5. Just eanted to quickly say, please don't put another mattress in your travel cot to make it more comfy- babies can become trapped down the sides face down and this can cause SIDS in itself, I think because the sides are flexible enough for them to wedge their heads in but not get them out. I would bite the bullet and go for her own room, to be honest!