1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Some actors are never out of work!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Jun 11, 2019.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I was listening to Paul Copley in the Archers, then turned on the tele and there he was doing a voice over and now he's in Holby too. Three appearances in an hour must be a record!

2. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Senior commenter

I couldn’t think who he was and had to google. I did recognise him from his picture but I didn’t know Phil Archer had died - I hope this isn’t a spoiler for anyone (I can’t believe it’s that long since I stopped listening to the programme).

lindenlea likes this.
  3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Paul Copley is a fine actor - he was employed in many of the BBC KS3 History programmes made in the 1980s/90s that I had on VHS and used for many years during my teaching career. Every time I showed them it was a bit like meeting an old friend again! :D

anotherauntsally likes this.
  4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

He seems to be everyone's go to Yorkshire man. I really like him and he's got a great voice. I like him as Leonard in The Archers. I think Gill sounded disappointed when he showed her the spare room .

anotherauntsally likes this.
  5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The Archers is full of wantons and hussies these days.

6. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

I think Paul Copley was brilliant in Hornblower. Mind you, I was mostly looking at Ioan Gruffydd ;)

7. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Paul Copley is in absolutely everything. I like his voice too.

Poor bloody Leonard though. Run, Leonard, run! What are you doing with the abominable Saint Jill of Ambridge and her entitled brats?

friedgreentomatoes and lindenlea like this.