1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Solicitor fees for house transfer?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dumpty, Dec 29, 2015.

  1. dumpty

    dumpty Star commenter

    A house is to be transferred to me and was wondering if anyone knows the fees for using a solicitor to do this? It seems a more straightforward deal as really just a land registry name change......but any advice appreciated!
  2. PussyGraves

    PussyGraves Occasional commenter

    I don't think you need a solicitor. Just send the form and fee to the Land Registry.
  3. nomad

    nomad Star commenter

  4. dumpty

    dumpty Star commenter

    Thanks for above, appreciated.
  5. ninenotes

    ninenotes Senior commenter

    There are no set fees for solicitors.

    They can charge what they like.
  6. GLsghost

    GLsghost Star commenter

    But there are many who WILL do the work for a fixed fee, so you know exactly what you are going to have to pay.

    Get a free half hour with a land expert: it may be that the transfer is so straightforward, in your case, that you can do it yourself at no cost other than the registration fees.
  7. GwydirStreet

    GwydirStreet Occasional commenter

    this happened to me 40 years ago through a family bereavement. It was quite costly. Recommend you read Nomad's link.

Share This Page