1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Software Woes

Discussion in 'Primary' started by SoftwareInSchools, Feb 21, 2018.

1. SoftwareInSchools

SoftwareInSchools New commenter

Hi everyone.

I’m the partner of a teacher and a software engineer by trade. After seeing the frustration that some of the software results in I’m keen to understand better some of the problems that you face in your day to day work.

I’d be really interested to hear what problems you face with your current software products. I would also love to know any problems or complaints you face in general as I would like to explore what can be done about them. Full disclosure my interest in this is to create something that does the mundane tasks or problems so that:

1) She can focus on the important bits of teaching
    2) I can spend more quality time with her
    3) Hopefully make some extra money

I hope the above makes sense, let me know if you have any questions.

P.s. as I said I’m a software engineer so if my skills in that area can help out either with resources or information then please feel free to drop me a message and I’ll help where I can.

2. thehawk

thehawk Occasional commenter

Our computers are four years old and already so slow.
    Programs out of date but too expensive to update.
    ipads are three years old and don't always hold wirelessly onto the network and constantly "fall-off" the internet.

Budget to improve and update is non-existent as we are likely to make teaching assistants redundant in the summer, so spending £1000's on new computers and yet saying we haven't got thousands to employ someone would be grossly unfair.