1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

software for online tutoring

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by Boardingmaster, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Boardingmaster

Boardingmaster New commenter

Hi,

I have recently started tutoring online, and feel my tech setup isn’t quite right. I currently use zoom with a webcam attached to my laptop, and I also share my ipad screen over zoom, usually a pdf document I have open in goodnotes.

this works ok as pupils can use their ipads to write on the screen, but they aren’t writing in the document itself, and once the screen is full they have to erase their work, they can’t scroll down. Is there a better way of doing it so that pupils can actually write on the document itself whilst still talking over zoom? I an happy to pay for software if there is something that could achieve this.

many thanks

BM

2. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

I use Idroo, I know there are others but I'm happy with this one.

Boardingmaster likes this.
  3. Boardingmaster

Boardingmaster New commenter

Many thanks, I’ll definitely look into it.

4. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

There's a free version you can try, but it's only about 9euro a month for full functions including saving all work etc. I use it with a Wacom tablet.

Boardingmaster likes this.
  5. jean_daligault

jean_daligault New commenter

Bitpaper does the job for me.

6. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I am trialling this now...only query I have with bitpaper is do the site owners keep copies of all our work?

7. lynden7

lynden7 New commenter

How about a change in how we teach? For writing, we set a task and ask the student to email the result. We use our prep time to assess it then use the teaching time to discuss it and do exercises that relate to issues that come up?

citct likes this.