1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Software for gcse and A level Biology

Discussion in 'Science' started by klh2806, Dec 14, 2016.

1. klh2806

klh2806 New commenter

Hi

I am looking for recommendations of software packages for my GCSE and A level, I want interaction, fun and engaging technology. Can anyone recommend any packages?

Karen

2. the6thtraceybrother

the6thtraceybrother New commenter

I haven't found anything for the reformed a-levels yet. I used to use the zig zag resources for A-level, they seemed really quite good with the E-C students, but they are worksheet based.

3. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

For GCSE there are lots of stimulations and activities listed here
    http://onlinelabs.in/biology
    The quality is variable, but there are many which can be useful for engaging students.

At A level, while again simulations etc are useful. I would start to look at how IT is used in the wider biological world. Data analysis using everything from Excel to Matlab is wide spread as is image analysis (microscopic/macroscopic /moving and still) etc. .

Talk to you local labs, universities and see what they are up to. Ask to go for a visit

4. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Rasmol and its allies