1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sod's law and how it affects you!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jolly_Roger15, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

To start off, why is it that when you travel on a budget airline, two of the worlds fattest people sit either side of you?

2. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Lead commenter

And if you’re really lucky, one of them will declare that it’s their first flight!

nomad and bombaysapphire like this.
  3. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Is there such a thing as "luck"? That is what it is about surely? Some people seem to be "lucky", others (like me) are very not.

4. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

It’s not just budget airlines ( for me anyway)

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

When the dog is producing squishy poo that is already extra unpleasant to pick up, she will also choose to poo on the lower branches of a holly bush.

vannie, sodalime and towncryer like this.
  6. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

With regards to "unfortunate incidents" such as this, over which you have little or no control, it's unlikely they'd be spread uniformly over the population. Some people will encounter more than average "unfortunate incidents", others less. So you might say some people are lucky or unlucky.

I think it's worth mentioning though that the probability of having a substantially overweight person next to you, given you've used a budget airline, is probably higher than if you'd used a more expensive airline. That would be my hypothesis anyway.

towncryer likes this.
  7. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

I have not flown since 2005, and never used a "budget" airline. I mean in general terms, like lottery, prizes, stuff like that. :(

8. EmanuelShadrack

Apologies. I should have taken more time with the reply. The airline comment was directed at the OP, not you. You were simply the unlucky victim of my laziness :D

sodalime likes this.
  9. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

And the other has chronic flatulence!

10. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

With reference to the recent decluttering threads, the item that's been hanging around for donkey's years without being used is needed the week after you threw it away.

caress, afterdark, vannie and 4 others like this.
  11. EmanuelShadrack

Or why, when the train carriage is pretty quiet and civilized, does some noisy parent get on with even noisier kids?

Jolly_Roger15, towncryer and nomad like this.
  12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

At least in modern trains one can decamp to the next carriage and get another seat.

But why is it that involves tripping over Jeremy Corbyn sitting on the floor?

13. EmanuelShadrack

Don't get me started. If I had a penny for every time I've tripped over Jeremy Corbyn sitting on the floor.

I've lost count too of the number of times I've had to get my fence repaired, as a result of Jeremy Corbyn sitting on it. He's worse than the pigeons.

14. nomad

nomad Star commenter

:D

15. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

After a pretty dismal and wet August so far, I'm back at school for one day and the sun is shining, the sky is blue and it's 20 degrees outside.

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  16. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Yes, and you get all the problems with pigeon mess as well but at least pigeons only have one orifice through which they excrete faeces - Jeremy has two!

nomad and EmanuelShadrack like this.
  17. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Just being back at school is bad enough!

celago22 likes this.
  18. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

Too bl00dy right :(

19. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

upload_2019-8-20_16-9-9.jpeg
    I sent this as a birthday card earlier this month.
    :)

bombaysapphire, nomad and sodalime like this.
  20. EmanuelShadrack

Sod's law is when interesting humorous images on TES are too small to read...

caress, racroesus, afterdark and 4 others like this.