1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sociology teachers toolkit?

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by blt, Mar 9, 2008.

1. blt

blt New commenter

Hi, I just wondered if anyone would be interested in this? I know someone did this for Psychology last year and distributed to everyone who contributed and I thought it would be a great idea to do something similar. Let me know what you think :)

2. sounds good to me.

3. I was that person! I'd be happy to send you what I did if that helps, especially as I think I'll be teaching it for the first time next year!

4. I would also be interested!

5. I would also be interested.

NQT in a department of one!

6. blt

blt New commenter

Okay - so there's some interest for it - I thought it would be really useful as I know there are many cooleagues who are working on their own and we're probably all trying to come up with the same things!

I'll draw up a list of sections this week and post them on here and we''ll take it from there. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to post them here and I'll add them to the list. I'm intending to work on this a lot over the suumer and hopefully get it all done and dusted for the Autumn term. I thought it would be a nice idea to credit the individuals and their centres at the start who contribute (also a tick for CPD!!)

7. Hi. I need to do something like this for my 'enrichment' phase at my school. Does anyone have any ideas about what I could do? I'm a bit stumped at the minute.

8. Yes please, im in my first year of teaching and having to develop resources as I go along.

9. Could I access the Sociology teachers kit from here ? Thanks,
    James

10. Ohh me too, I would like to access that too. Thank you

11. Me too please, that you would be marvellous! Thank you :)

12. stormysky

stormysky New commenter

I''ll help if you want/need?

13. I really love to have the tool kit to enhance my teaching skills.

14. Old thread - did this ever get done? Sounds interesting

15. I am teaching the introduction to sociology for the first time, and i would really be interested in any kit that can help me with my teaching. How can i get this kit, and anything else that helps me starting will be great. Di.agha@gmail.com

16. blt

blt New commenter

Hi,

Nobody ever actually sent any contributions to me for this! It's a shame really as I had some great ideas. Anyway, I put my own pack together which I share with our PGCE students and NQTs at school - I'm happy to send that to you.

17. Hello blt,

Can I be cheeky and ask for a copy too as I am new to teaching sociology and am in need of help! I would really appreciate it, my email is peapod43@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

18. Hi bit
    Please can I be cheeky and also ask for the pack you put together, I'm doing it for the first time this year. My email address is jamesandrew_1999@yahoo.co.uk
    Thanks ever so much
    James

19. Hi there, just like the others, I am also new to teaching Sociology and would absolutely love any help that is available. Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your toolkit pack please?

Thank you very much for your help,

Brian.

20. If anyone has a copy of this would they be able to inbox me? Thank you :)