1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sociology DVD ideas

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by Jo7483, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hello
    Does anyone have any good suggestions for current films/DVDs that i can show to my A level students both AS and A2. We are studying the family at AS and crime and deviance at A2. I would appreciate any ideas or films you have previously used to support the sociology curriculum.
    Thank you in advance
    Jo

2. Hello
    Does anyone have any good suggestions for current films/DVDs that i can show to my A level students both AS and A2. We are studying the family at AS and crime and deviance at A2. I would appreciate any ideas or films you have previously used to support the sociology curriculum.
    Thank you in advance
    Jo

3. If you want to go cheap (well, free, actually) there are clips and short videos on my YouTube Channel. It's a bit of a mixture but there are a few Deviance vids available. Quality is variable but, as I say, it's free.
    If, on the other hand, you'd like to contribute to my retirement / escape fund (anyone can join and all donations gratefully accepted):
    The Crime Channel has lots of video, audio, text and powerpoints on all things deviant.
    Short Cuts Vol.1: Crime and Deviance has 7 short videos on various aspects of the A2 Spec. (Situational crime, Hate Crime, Policing the Night-time Economy etc.). There's some preview clips if you want to try it.

4. Films-wise: The History Boys is a good one for education. Trainspotting, 24 hour party people etc for deviance if you have a group who are over 18. Quadrophenia is also good for crime and deviance.