1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Social Skills Intervention- Primary

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Senco84, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Senco84

Senco84 New commenter

Hi,
    Does anyone use a social skills intervention resource which has good results? I am struggling to find a resource to use with groups of children in school.
    Thanks

2. senlady

senlady Senior commenter

It's very difficult to teach social skills but teaching social understanding is a good aim.

I am not familiar with loads of 'package' type interventions but there is 'Talkabout' which I have used with some success and it does have an initial assessment that you can then follow up.

3. blueskies31

blueskies31 Occasional commenter

Talk about and Socially Speaking are both good.

4. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

5. snugglepot

snugglepot Occasional commenter

I sometimes write my own social stories. We learnt this on Nurture Training. Just do a circle time discussion then throw in one you've written. You'll find the culprits great at giving advice to "someone" else!

6. diggers86

diggers86 New commenter

does anyone know where I could find the 'talk about' or 'socially speaking' please? TIA

7. NQT1986

NQT1986 Occasional commenter

We have had 'Time to Talk' recommended to us, though I haven't yet tried it!

8. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Try Special Direct for "Talk About"