1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Social services worry for brother & family

Discussion in 'Personal' started by GeeMarie, Feb 2, 2012.

1. GeeMarie

GeeMarie New commenter

I think they should pass that on to the school and the behaviour worker. Give them the whole situation and what he said, and explain they they are worried that he is learning that negative behaviour. Sounds like they are doing what they can otherwise. But anything like that, anything at all, needs to be communicated immediately, that way the behaviour worker and the school are aware of it and can help his parents to teach him positive behaviour.
    Good luck to them, what an awful situation to be in.

2. Thanks for the reply GeeMarie, my sister in law was worried that if she tells the school it might look like she is "pre-empting" or covering up any future lies hence why she is reluctant to mention it. I suggested mentioning it to the Behaviour worker as they may have experience of this happening & may be able to help as my first thought was that the school will think she's covering something too?

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Could it be mentioned to the school wth the emphasis on protecting teachers too? If he's prepared to make allegations and tell lies about his parents, I can only think he's prepared to do the same for teachers and other people who work with him.

4. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Now I would have said to child
    "That is OK because from now on you are going to live in a wheelbarrow at the bottom of the garden".
    "And have grats for tea. Is that OK? No? Are you lying again or telling the truth? Oo look, a dinosaur just drove past! Not really. Let's both stop playing this game eh?"
    You cannot punish a child for telling lies. That does not work. Same reasons as the boy who called Wolf. When child tells truth and no one believes child tis same as when child tells lies and no one believes child. All you can do is give a hug for telling the truth and encourage this always.Even unpalatable truths. Even owning up to misdeeds.