1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Social sciences exams and tutoring in English-talking countries

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by ribakov100, Jul 24, 2017.

1. ribakov100

ribakov100 New commenter

Hello! Apologies in advance for not perfect English :)
    I am passionate about learning and teaching social sciences. I live in Russia and there is a nation-wide exam system for school graduates with lots of subjects, one of them being "social sciences" or "обществознание". These exams are one of the major ways to get into colleges and univercities. They have documents that show what info should be known by students who are passing those exams and so there are books that encompass most of such info.
    I am helping last-year shool teens prepare for this "social sciences" exam by studying together a big reference book and solving together lots of tests, also giving lots of tests for pupul to study herself/himself and answering questions whenever they have them.

Are there similar exams in English-talking countries?
    So they are:
    1) nation-wide or similar exams that many people pass and need help to prepare for
    2) they are about social sciences and/or anything related like culturology, economics (basics), politcs, law, sociology, theology etc.

Thanks a lot! :)