1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Social Science PGCE Interview

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by PThomasD, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Hello everyone,

I've just been told that I have an Interview at Manchester Metropoliton University for the Social Science with Citizenship PGCE and I have a few questions.
    Firstly, has anyone else had an interview or been asked for an interview for this course, and if so what are the main things they ask? I know that the main part of the interview is a group task on discussing current educational issues, and so I also ask, what could these be? ( I do have some ideas, it would be good to hear others).
    Secondly, I was wondering what the estimated intake of students on the social science PGCE course is. By which I mean, how many people are normally interviewed and from that how many on average are taken on by the university to complete the PGCE.

Thanks for your time!

2. Hello everyone,

I've just been told that I have an Interview at Manchester Metropoliton University for the Social Science with Citizenship PGCE and I have a few questions.
    Firstly, has anyone else had an interview or been asked for an interview for this course, and if so what are the main things they ask? I know that the main part of the interview is a group task on discussing current educational issues, and so I also ask, what could these be? ( I do have some ideas, it would be good to hear others).
    Secondly, I was wondering what the estimated intake of students on the social science PGCE course is. By which I mean, how many people are normally interviewed and from that how many on average are taken on by the university to complete the PGCE.

Thanks for your time!