1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Social Science NQT with no work !

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by VickyKT, Sep 28, 2019.

1. VickyKT

VickyKT New commenter

HI everyone
    I am an NQT in Norwich in secondary social sciences. I have been for several interviews and lost out to experienced teachers. No matter how hard I prepare and present myself I always seem to be pipped at the post 'we loved you but...','we need a safe pair of hands'. I am so frustrated and disappointed that I hear we are short of teachers but I personally also know several capable NQT's who just cannot find work. We all have families so are unable to relocate. I am thinking of sending my CV to all secondary schools in the Greater Norwich area and seeing what happens. I have registered with several supply agencies but nothing has come up yet. I am also applying for cover supervisor roles as I do need an income and I would be maintaining experience in the classroom. Does anyone have any tips or know of anything coming up ?

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

You may get a better response to this if you post in the personal forum. This is a forum for US teachers