1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Social Networking in School Survey (duplicate)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafawke, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Hi. I have this posted in Opinions but thought there might be a few who don't venture into that minefield. If you are interested in having a say, feel free to complete the survey or send it to someone who might be...

I am doing a Masters in Creative Media Eduction (see the Media Forum if you are interested in doing the course as they are taking applications now) and my current project is linked to pedagogy.  I am researching whether social networking sites, in particular Facebook, can be used to engage students who do not normally contribute or participate in class.  There is a lot of evidence from the US to suggest that this is a viable suggestion at undergrad or college level, but I am more interested in how it can be used in secondary schools (KS4 and KS5 in the main) and in particular in the UK with our unique students.

If  you would like to contribute to my research, I have two very quick surveys.  One designed for students (of all ages) and one for educators (of all levels).  Feel free to pass on the links to anyone you think might be interested. 

I am hoping to get a wide cross section of opinions, not just from people who think it is a good idea, but I want to hear from people who don't and I also want to know why they think that way (that is really the only question I am desperate to get an extended response from).  The survey also looks at what your current educational facility does now to use social networking and what your policy is on social networking sites.

If you have anything else that you would like to comment on but I haven't asked for it specifically, just put it in the last comment box for Q10, or if you teach more than one age group, just pick one and make a note in Q10 aswell.

Thanks

2. Educators' link:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MJS5... http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/THQN2KH [\url]

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Sorry made a note in Q10 but didn't add my other age groups (can you adapt Q1 to be multiple choice?) I teach/taught KS3, KS4 & Undergrads x

4. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Done. Good luck.

5. Q1 is now fixed (pretty much) so you can choose combos in secondary school - I wasn't able to change the way it was set up.

Thanks to those who have done the survey, much appreciated