1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Social life vs Social Media...

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by AndrewvanZyl, Apr 20, 2016.

1. AndrewvanZyl

AndrewvanZyl Occasional commenter

Hi All

I think this would be a great conversation-starter around the use of social media!

A Social Life is a short film about a career driven woman named Meredith who's living the life she's always dreamed of... online. Meredith strives to live a balanced life: staying fit, working hard and connecting with her friends; she is creating her "image" within her broader social media friend base. But she awakes one day and realizes that her reflection is merely the collection of photos that she has shared with others. Is this her life? Or just a carefully curated brand?

2. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

As I'm on her I think it's a case of glass houses! But I remember when the world was real-and no pic of me was shared across the world before I was born. Think it's sad that kids are using filters. They might think it's sad that I don't.