1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Soap

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Do you think we've got it in us to write our own soap opera? I'm thinking along the lines that we each invent a character we think we could portray, giving a rough idea of what the character is like, then see how it flows as our characters interact. Ideally, you would be acting a part that is quite different from how you see yourself in real life.

Could it work?

2. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Based on the evidence of the 'collaborative ghost story' we had the other night, I'd say probably not but I don't want to be negative.[​IMG]

midnight_angel likes this.
  3. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

Was anyone else expecting to open this thread and read about pleasant, scented ways to cleanse ourselves? ;)

4. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Yep.

5. midnight_angel

Thought so. We can excuse it as a blonde moment then, yes? :)

6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Occitane Occitane Occitane

HelenREMfan likes this.
  7. midnight_angel

No @Lascarina - it has to be Dove/Simple/Sanex for me, as everything else just seems to flare up my eczema :(

8. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

If only I could afford it!

9. Duke of York

Well, Lascarina, we can only try these things and see where they go. I wondered whether rather than collaboratively contributing to a story, a series of interactions between the characters we wanted to play might work differently.

If we think of this as a subtle reference to "location location lacation", and everyone agrees, we can set the scene for the soap to be in Provence.

10. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

What a shame. I'm supposed to use only Dermol and Hydromol according to the skin consultant but L'Occitane is too tempting to resist

It's do-able foxtail, if you don't wash too often.[​IMG]

11. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

I was expecting it to be a back to the past comment about the preponderance of liquid soap products over the solid block. I have both, because Dear Neanderthal Alfred still clings to the notion that scented liquid soap is somehow less manly that a bar of Lifeguard.

12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I sent you an email some days ago but there has been no interaction as a result. I am wondering if you got it. The Demon Mailer hasn't bounced it back.

13. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I will tell my soap joke again for the benefit of those who haven't heard it before. Q What did the red soap say to the green soap and what did the green soap reply? A "May I hold your palm, Olive?" " Not on your Life, b(u)oy!"

HelenREMfan likes this.
  14. Duke of York

Oh, I hadn't noticed that. To be honest, my inbox now gets flooded with stuff that isn't exactly spam, but often irrelevant. I see your email was buried in this. Sorry about that. I'll read it carefully and reply.

15. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Eeeew! Sorry @Lascarina, I prefer the regular smell of clean, to the occasional perfume of L'Occitane! I do venture into the local one for a perfume testing session every now and then.

16. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I should be a villain as that's insanely remote from my naturally pleasant character.

Is it set in a school? Shall I be the femme fatale who seduces the HT whilst hacking into his dodgy dealings with the school budget in order to blackmail him later?

17. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Twas a joke, foxtail. Did you not see the winky?

18. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Not at all! His Dukeness was ambiguous.
    I've ditched shower gel because it's, literally, money down the drain. A nice cake of soap is best. I like the Italian ones you can get in TKMaxx. The boxes of soap make lovely presents.

19. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Um - isn't that what we do now.:)

20. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Then you can nibble at it while you're in the bath.