1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So you're in NASUWT - did they send you a ballot paper?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by magic surf bus, Nov 5, 2011.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I've been sent one, but I wasn't impressed by that letter they issued recently seeming to imply that if you worked for an agency you'd never pay into TPS.

Has anyone been disenfranchised?

2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I've been sent one, but I wasn't impressed by that letter they issued recently seeming to imply that if you worked for an agency you'd never pay into TPS.

Has anyone been disenfranchised?

3. jazzed up

jazzed up New commenter

I'm in ATL and although employed as supply by LA and paying into Teachers Pension I am excluded from voting as it is assumed I'm paid by agency!!!
    In view of complete lack of support from any of the unions who ignore the scandal of cover supervisors and HLTAs teaching classes, I wonder why I bother paying for membership.

4. I'm in NASUWT but I haven't received a ballot form.

5. Mine arrived yesterday. Not sure what to do really. I only joined a few weeks ago as I was worried about being in supply with no potential support. Wondering if I should vote as if I were a scale paid teacher as hopefully one day I will be?!

6. I'm with ATL, and they haven't balloted me for this one, or the last one.