1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So, who's looking forward to the new footy season then?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon468, Aug 2, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Which team do you support? Are you hopeful for a good season for your boys? Where will you finish?
    I'm looking forward to another season of rubbish football, poor results and excellent banter on the terraces (which we still have here in the Scottish 3rd division!).
    Hot Bovril, freezing hands and feet, post-match pint in the pub. Can't beat it!

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Which team do you support? Are you hopeful for a good season for your boys? Where will you finish?
    I'm looking forward to another season of rubbish football, poor results and excellent banter on the terraces (which we still have here in the Scottish 3rd division!).
    Hot Bovril, freezing hands and feet, post-match pint in the pub. Can't beat it!

3. I am getting tired of Mr L being under my feet for the whole weekend, so am looking forward to the start of the footie season next week, when I am having a nice day out in London.

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Has he got tix for the match on Sunday, Lily?

5. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

MAN CITY!
    Aaaah I'm getting so excited now. It was a brilliant end to the season winning the FA cup and we even went down to London for the semi - final (what a game). The atmosphere at Wembley was so exciting and the City fans certainly rocked the house!
    I am particularly looking forward to:
    Mario Balotelli coming good - he's a talented lad if a little eccentric. I think today's headlines about him not liking Manchester are just him maybe taking the **** out of one of his team mates.
    Seeing Aguerro play - saw him for Argentina - that boy's fast!
    David Silva - midfield genius
    Beating Man United on Sunday! (I know - big words)
    Cleaning off my flask for my half time cocoa (with a nip of brandy - yum)
    Singing blue moon till my thoat gets sore
    Having a laugh at the match - we get some great banter
    Doing the Poznan!
    I hope we will finish first - obviously - and give a good account of ourselves in the Champion's League.
    But mostly I'm looking forward to seeing some good football.
    Thank you Manashee!
    I would send kisses but people don't like it . . . oh sod it xxx

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Heh, heh!
    Love your flask of cocoa with a naughty nip of brandy. I'm nicking that idea!
    I think you've got a great chance in the league this season. Always liked City - very honest club, with great fans.
    I also like to keep an eye out for Sheffield United. Used to do quite a bit of work in Sheffield and I had some great times at Bramall Lane.

7. Yes. There'll always be money for football tickets. [​IMG]
    I'm surprised he's going after the last two Man Utd-Man City meetings. Perhaps he's hoping it'll be third time lucky. I'm only invited along to drive them all back, btw.

8. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

Yes I have some friends who are blades! But my brother follows the Owls so least said soonest mended. They were top with Warnock in charge. Was a bit sad when he left to go South.
    We are off on holiday on Sunday - Mr v had plenty to say about that when he worked it out - so we shall be watching the Charity Shield in a shady area beside a pool in Greece.
    And my two lads will most likely be wearing football shirts - and being nice a friendly to all (except United fans)
    So maybe just the brandy on Sunday!

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Well ladies, in the interests of fairness, I shall wish both your teams all the best for Sunday!

10. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

Yeah. Just hope it's a good match.
    Don't go in for all the tribal nonsense. I know lots of very nice United fans.
    Another Manchester day at Wembley!

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Quite right! Footy should be about fun and enjoying the sport. [​IMG]
    Which begs the question, why the heck do I support Berwick Rangers...? [​IMG]
    Masochism.

12. dande

dande New commenter

I'm saying noot at the the present moment!

13. I think you must support Berwick Rangers, if so the football isn't rubbish. It's more exciting than most of the Premiership matches I have watched. See you at Shieldfield.

14. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Where's that £35 million gone, dande?

15. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

Are they the only English team to play in the Scottish league?
    Or have I got that wrong?
    Football is all about the masochism.
    A couple of seaons ago we went on holiday at Christmas - and City failed to score a goal at home for the rest of the season! Which makes the current situation all the more startling!
    It is a whole load of fun and one of the few things we do as a family since junior turned teenage and feral.

16. dande

dande New commenter

Fu.ck knows!

17. dande

dande New commenter

Yes, not that their ground is actually in Berwick!

18. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Yep!
    We are black, we are gold, we are wild and uncontrolled
    Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na naaaaaaaaah!

19. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ah, howay! It's Tweedmouth - it's close enough. [​IMG]

20. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

That my friend is an ace chant!
    [​IMG]