1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So which of them should I smack?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by florapost, Apr 21, 2011.

1. daughter (18): mum - when my new bank account papers and card came through, you took them and said you'd put them in a drawers unde the tv, but they're not there (note - not 'did you' or 'i think' or 'i seem to remember')
    bewildered flora: i don't remember that - why would i put them there? (that drawers is for bits and pieces, not paperwork) i suppose they might be in my filing box - here - have a look
    (they're not)
    d: well, i can always apply for a new card - at least i know it's been lost at home
    f: (thinks - oh god, by me) but you've had that account since half term - haven't you used the card before now?
    d (grumpily) - no, i'ver just used cash
    mr p (overhearing - soothingly and all masterful) hang on a minute - i'll come and help you look (no suggestion here of 'that wasn't your mother, that was me' - in case it wasn't found, presumably) and oh look - there everything is - in his filing box
    so - who do i smack first?
    <address></address>

2. Bang their heads together, that way you get them both at once.

3. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

You lock them both in a room and tell them you will only give food/money to the first one who begs forgiveness.
    Whichever one that is you smack
    You leave the other locked in the room

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Neither, just put their stuff in odd places.

5. 1. Collect cardboard box for nothing from supermarket.
    2. Place every item that ever belonged/belongs/arrived/arrives for your child in said box.
    3. Never touch, never open, even at child's request. Post on at child's request.
    4. Attend opening of box at tri-annual return of child, in exchange for bag of dirty washing. Insst on witnessing evien the opening of the "Insurance of the Sky Box in your parents' name" letter. Then you've seen it. Then you know.
    5. Show then this post. So they know. From one who knows.
    As an additional safeguard, you could equip them with a similar box and ask that everything that comes through the door if they open it or not goes into it.Some will scorn; some will recognise their own limitations.

6. Smack them all - simultaneously!! (Can you tell I've been drinking..??!!) xxx

7. cheers folks!!
    lily - not just me, then!

8. dc521

dc521 New commenter

Go for the subtle approach: Screaming hissy fit that once again someone's lost something and blamed you for 'moving' it.
    From the child of a father who lost his sodding car keys five times in my flat yesterday!
    It's enough to drive me to drink.