1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So what's your CV like?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by 01brian, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Rhea, kindly send me the CV format as well. Sorry to bother you and many thanks in advance.
    Hellen
    ross_hellen@yahoo.co.uk

2. Hi there Rhea - or someone else who's got the CV template, and doesn't mind doing her a favour - this sounds really helpful. Could you please add me to the long list of hopefuls? My CV is in dire need of restoration ...
    Thanks,
    Patsy

patsywill@cis.lk

3. Hope everyone has copy now. If I've missed anyone, please SHOUT.

4. Another CV question from a German primary school teacher living in London due to "in-love-with-boyfriend-who-is-living-here" reasons:

How much should I write about language skills? As my mother tongue is German and I've moved to England only recently I should mention it. My passive English is quite good, but I'm not used to speak English. That's why I'm going to start working as a TA, and the agencies I registered with last week told me that my English would be definitely good enough for that. But my long running aim is to work here as a teacher, and so I'm going to take the CPE in June - and that includes studying for it. Now I'm going to apply for a job as TA at primary schools, and reading this thread made me think about how to shorten my letter of application... Maybe you have an advice for me! Thanks!

fox in London

5. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Fox: Your written English is very good. Don't lessen your chances by raising doubts in your letter about your spoken English. If it's already good enough for TA work it will be good enough for anything else and no doubt you are getting a lot of practice. Only two small corrections: 'I'm not used to speakING English.' (Many other languages would use an infinitive in this construction, but English is illogical!) We also talk about giving advice or SOME advice not AN advice. Good luck!

6. I urgently need to do my cv, so please send me your format. viyo2003@yahoo.co.uk Thanks in advance

7. Hi,

Is there anybody that could send me a copy of the CV format from Rhea? Mine looks so dated now....

Thanks for your time.

markholness10@hotmail.com

8. hi. could someone please send me this wonderful rhea cv structure. much appreciated

email: clint476@hotmail.com

9. Rhea,

Am in the process of updating my CV. I think it looks good but I would like to compare it with yours and incorporate your ideas where appropriate. A copy would, therfore, be much apreciated. As a teacher (IB Physics) who is also a qualified Personnel Officer (MCIPD) its interesting to see what teachers are doing with their CVs. My thanks in anticipation.

10. Sorry - just visiting msg board quickly tonight. Will send within the next week to latest posters. Bear with me.

11. My offer still stands Rhea.

12. Hi Rhea,

need to revamp my CV as well. Please could i have a copy of the template. Many thanks.

lynnebeaton@hotmail.com