1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So what now for Brexit?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dumpty, Dec 13, 2018.

1. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

I'd have thought being elected or not every few years is being accountable.
    If you don't like what they've done, vote for someone else/
    Democracy - remember?

2. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Did you just post links at random or did you choose the links you posted? If you chose them, is that choice not you ‘saying’ something?

3. Happygopolitely

Happygopolitely Established commenter

Political freedom from the eu for me. But why can't you accept the democracy of a winning vote ? And what do you think you have lost anyway ?

4. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Me? Are you sure? When you contradict yourself it looks like it's not me having a problem with telling a consistent story.

apart from these migrants?
    (there's going to be dozens of posts from you that prove otherwise too if I take the trouble to use the search feature)

1) So what should these migrants live off if they don't accept offers of work?
    2) When you went to NZ and when your son went to Japan- what did you live off initially?

There's a report button- if you object to what I say - try pressing it. It could be that like me, they have read what you have said previously and know that if I were to use search I could substantiate what I've said. The only person who seems not to realise that is you.

5. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

Where did I say you wanted it?

6. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

And what would this alleged political freedom allow the UK to do that it cannot do at the moment?

7. burajda

burajda Star commenter

If it was choice of No Deal or Remain, then I'd vote Remain.

8. burajda

burajda Star commenter

They are accountable. You can vote them in or out. Despite the help he gave us, I didn't vote for him or his party in the following election.

9. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Great, 2 million Caledonian refugees coming to England, I'm sure they'll be welcome as long as they don't compete for jobs, housing, education and welfare. I think some may prefer a few feet added to Hadrians wall

Burndenpark and sodalime like this.
  10. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

Yip. It's the equivalent of saying 'I won a raffle ticket, haven't a clue what the prize is or even if there really is a prize.'

mathsmutt likes this.
  11. Burndenpark

You're assuming that we let them take their sea with them. The English rule the waves and as such all the sea belongs to us post Brexit.

(That's not a serious comment before someone reports it)

mathsmutt, burajda and sodalime like this.
  12. Burndenpark

Though having mostly voted to Leave it would be an irony were to the North to leave England in an effort to re-join the EU.

I am still waiting for a Brexiteer to tell me how this can end well for the UK (other than if you wish happen) - I've been waiting 4 years and still nothing.

13. Burndenpark

CF
    CF
    CF
    :confused:
    CF
    CF
    :confused:

You want to be rid of Scotland - but don't want to break up the UK?
    You don't object to migrants, suggest more Scots to migrate south- but feel there are already too many here?

As I said earlier- you seem to have difficulty deciding on one story and sticking to it

14. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

You can see already the manipulation.

Johnson, no compromise on the backstop.
    Hunt, no compromise on the backstop.
    The EU, no compromise on the backstop.
    Parliament, no compromise on no deal.
    A majority of the voting public, soooooo... we stay in the EU until someone capitulates right? Lovely. Roll on the next GE.

mathsmutt and sodalime like this.
  15. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Still with Scexit we'll still have parts of the Irish sea. England rules Wales and its waves so long as the Welsh continue to vote for Westminster being in control.

16. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Unless the EU offers no compromise and tell us to Foxtrot Oscar.

17. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

The EU has already said foxtrot off and that is why Johnson said no compromise, this means an extension is forced on him by parliament. He sees it as good politics. The Brexit voters will go batpoops. He’s so playing them.

18. Happygopolitely

Happygopolitely Established commenter

I don't agree. It actually all makes sense if you take the statements within the flow of the thread.

Why do losing Remainers struggle to understand that winning voters want to Leave? Its time for change.

19. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

The EU don't want "no deal" to be their fault.
    The UK have ignored Tusk and wasted the extension time.
    Today von der Leyen suggests possible extension. So the EU will offer a 6/9/12 month extension for the UK to accept. If we choose no deal its not their responsibility.

mathsmutt and sodalime like this.
  20. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

Yip. This seems to be likely.