1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So what now for Brexit?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by dumpty, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

We could opt for bringing back serfs?

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  2. border_walker

border_walker Established commenter

Why when I was talking about the quality of the BBC, I didn't mention C4. Not sure that they 3 of you did, I did and 2 followed. Not exactly the same, just the nature of the medium. it just boils down to the fact that you didn't know that the BBC transmitted 2 programmes on tuesday on 231. If you really want me to, I am happy to go through all of your future posts and point out anything that may confuse some.

3. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

I think you might want to finish taking your English lessons first. I can see why you like so many posts, but make so few.
    Do you want to try writing that again- in such a way that the meaning is clear.

"Why when I was talking about the quality of the BBC, I didn't mention C4."
    You start that as a question- so ideally you need a "?" at the end, not a"." Otherwise it sort of makes sense, however your comment caused three of us to think you'd made a mistake over which two programmes you meant.

"Not sure that they 3 of you did, I did and 2 followed."
    This really needs some work- as it stands, yes you used English words but not in any form that really makes sense. Oh and "followed"?

From there it just continues to go down hill.

"I am happy to go through all of your future posts and point out anything that may confuse some"
    Please do- based on this sample it could prove to be quite amusing.

4. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

No it doesn't, it's actually spelled "pesnt". I use my own spelling, as an expression of my own identity. Don't you go telling me that's the "wrong" spelling.

No, but seriously, "peasant" wasn't the word I was thinking of.

Actually, I had a boss years ago who used to refer to our customers as "peasants". Happy days...

sodalime likes this.
  5. EmanuelShadrack

At times like these I marvel at the educational content of this forum.

CraigCarterSmith and sodalime like this.
  6. EmanuelShadrack

Written like that, "BXP" makes me think of "UXB".

7. EmanuelShadrack

I don't see why not. Time for a referendum. To deny one would be to go against the will of the people.

8. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

:D:D
    Ah, you've cheered me up no end.

9. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

On t'other thread, Burndie has expressed, in no uncertain terms, his displeasure at the continuing use of BP to denote the Brexit Party. Historically speaking, Burndie has mostly been referred to as BP on these forums, although I have always preferred the foreshortening of Burndie to that of BP ;)

10. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Sky? Ch 231 is ITVB + 1.
    Freeview? Ah! BBC News.

So are you telling us that the BBC News Channel broadcast two different debates, one after the other, that nobody else knew about??

11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I have it from a present Classicist and two who are no longer here (I think; one might be) that it is hoi polloi not the hoi polloi.

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

And @Geoff Thomas wasn't one of those to whom I referred. So there are four.

13. EmanuelShadrack

Thank you. Much obliged Sir. (no sarcasm intended).

'Tis similar then to "PIN number".

Of course I could simply look all this stuff up, but it would rather take the fun out of proceedings.

racroesus likes this.
  14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I'm ugly enough to be able to cope with a little sarcasm.
    It may be similar to GNU Not Unix.

15. EmanuelShadrack

Great minds and all that. I considered using that example, but dismissed it as a bit too geeky.

16. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

C'mon; if you know make sure everyone else knows you know.

17. border_walker

border_walker Established commenter

No debate followed by analysis - do keep up. But the analysis could equally have been described as a debate.

18. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Boris and Hunt going to the final tonight, folks. Meaning we have one saying we will leave October 31st, the other there or thereabouts. On paper at least, not so bad for leave supporters.

The Tories can then pretend they at least allowed a 'cured' remainer to stand v Boris.

Boris will then romp home, of course.

19. nomad

nomad Star commenter

You know something we don't?

The vote will close at 17:30 and the result isn't due until about 18:00. Gove is still in the race.

20. sodalime

sodalime Lead commenter

upload_2019-6-20_17-5-31.png

Will Boris lend Hunt votes just to get his own back on Gove?