1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So upset..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by daffodilval, Apr 3, 2011.

1. All your good wishes must be working, she is doing soo well. She managed to walk 10 steps today (with a frame and 2 physio').
    The care she is getting on the ward is excellent, nothing is too much trouble for the staff and if she keeps improving and gets discharged within 14 days of her op (she is on day 3 today) she will go home with a full care package, physio's, OT's and carers, so fingers crossed and thanks once more for all your good wishes xx

2. Keep strong! You can do this ................ great news that your Mum is recovering well!!! Plan your time well and set aside some time for yourself too! That is important!

3. Update..
    My lovely mum is doing fantastic, shes still in hospital, recovered well from her surgery, is up and about AND walking, she is now waiting for a bed in another small cottage hospital for restbite and physio...I have taken her for a picnnic in hospital grounds, manicured her nails, styled her hair, she now looks better than ever.
    Thanks once more for your kind wishes...very much appreciated, x

4. What a relief! Thanks for the update.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Only just started browsing this forum but I'm so pleased to hear your mum is doing better.

6. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Great news. [​IMG]

7. Thanks arched eyebrow
    Mum is now out of hospital and in a restbite home, just like a hotel, lovely place and lovely staff, mum sets herself small goals, she now ventures, (alone) up the lift and on to the roof terrace at least twice a day with her frame, she make the odd cuppa and dines with 2 gentlemen, and her her words 'THEY ARE SOOO OLD......, mum, you are 81 yourself..hahhah
    Hopefully, once she is more mobile and independent, she'll be home...love her to pieces..

8. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

there is defo something in the water

I have one Nan who is 'waiting death' cancer ridden and to be honest it would be for the best if the didn't make it out of of the hospital.
    The other Nan is making great progress but now has a daughter who we are just waiting to die as has massive internal organ failure. Just wont give up and makes it worse for my Nan.

Nan 2 is one of those that thinks old age effect other people and is worrying me just how old she is looked these past few months in dropping over 3 stone (not that she could afford too)