1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

so totally frustrated.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sparklyeyes, Apr 5, 2012.

1. sparklyeyes

sparklyeyes New commenter

I've been on jobseekers allowance for the whole of March and have just about manged to pay a reduced mortgage and a handful of essential expenses such as house/contents insuarance, and buy the basics of food with money that I had left in the bank and my children hepling me out. I've asked my soon to be ex husband to pay the council tax ( I can get no help with this as his name is also on the bill and is working and still living here) via text and email, and he is refusing!! Even though there will be a summons adding more money to the bill.He won't lift a finger in the house, won't put his dirty dishes in the diswasher, won't even open the curtains in the morning and other stupid things. I'm so frustrated!!!!!! I just want to scream, and rant and rave in his face but all he will do is stand there and laugh at me!!
    Argh!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, needed to share this, let of steam. Thanks for reading.

2. sparklyeyes

sparklyeyes New commenter

I've been on jobseekers allowance for the whole of March and have just about manged to pay a reduced mortgage and a handful of essential expenses such as house/contents insuarance, and buy the basics of food with money that I had left in the bank and my children hepling me out. I've asked my soon to be ex husband to pay the council tax ( I can get no help with this as his name is also on the bill and is working and still living here) via text and email, and he is refusing!! Even though there will be a summons adding more money to the bill.He won't lift a finger in the house, won't put his dirty dishes in the diswasher, won't even open the curtains in the morning and other stupid things. I'm so frustrated!!!!!! I just want to scream, and rant and rave in his face but all he will do is stand there and laugh at me!!
    Argh!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, needed to share this, let of steam. Thanks for reading.

3. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

That is a bum.
    But this is a phase, a tough one, you will get through it and things can only get better.
    Don't yell at him, don't take the bait. You will be the one with the dignity and the clear conscience and the one the kids rely on.
    XXXXXXXXX hugs XXXXXXXX

4. He should be paying a share of household expenses and he will soon start washing dishes when there aren't any clean ones. Sell the house asap and get rid of him.

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Non payment of Council Tax is to be avoided at all costs - make this a priority, it won't go away and you can negotiate a payment plan with the council if you get it sorted out before it goes to court. A county court judgement against you can cause problems for credit in the future. I know you want him to pay and he is liable but you need to think about your own security.

6. I can see this is a horrible situation, have you taken legal advice? There may be something that they can suggest which will help you sort this out? Thinking of you, this too will pass!