1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So pleased to wear a dress I have had for 10 years.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by florapost, Jun 5, 2011.

1. i did something similar with a beaded dress miss post had when youmger and had grown out of - but as she had remained seriously skinny, it made a lovely top when cut down
    there is great satisfaction in such things

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've just dug out a couple of black bin bags of clothes I had intended putting into charity shops years and years ago but didn't get round to doing it. Having lost weight I can now fit into them again and it's like having a new wardrobe without spending a penny. I've had quite a lot of positive comments about the clothes.

3. How satisfying to fit back into old favourites. I can now zip up my target pair of crop trousers, but there is still too much flab hanging over the top! (enough incentive to carry on with the diet)

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Ditto.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm mildly (only mildly, mind...) irritated that I missed the opportunity to wear a couple of things that I liked because I didn't try them on again soon enough and am now too light for them.

6. I definitely don't own anything that I am too light for! I am still trying to fit into two outfits I bought in the sale last December and was too lazy to send back when they were too tight. A few more pounds should do it.

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

ooo, you skinny so-and-sos make me sick!

[​IMG]

8. That's the first time I have been called skinny. Size 14 doesn't usually qualify for that adjective!