1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So last century

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Dec 15, 2015.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

This programme is bringing back memories]
    Game boy and subuco
    Nintendo snes and etch a sketch.
    did we really play such toys?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Which programme is that oldsome?
    Wasn't in to Game Boy or Nintendo. No I tell a lie. when my boys had some game with little animal characters I did used to sneak a game when they were out.;)

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

Would have thought that SNES was way after your time, Olds!

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  4. oldsomeman

i had a young boy who played it and dad had to as well
    on channel 5

5. oldsomeman

channel4

6. oldsomeman

just finishing.it was looking at chrildrens toys

7. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

We had a Famicon

8. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

My mate had a Matchbox Motorway that actually worked. We got bored with cars and used to race rubber spiders on it.

9. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I still have SNES.

10. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I had a Rolf Harris stylophone. Happy days.

11. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Me too. I had both large and small sizes but couldn't use one for a while because my brother tugged the stylus off of the wire. I was pretty happy when I discovered that the bare ends of the wire worked nearly as well.

coffeekid likes this.
  12. cheesypop

cheesypop Senior commenter

I really enjoyed this too, and started to record the first one to show my 11 year old daughter at a later date (as it was on quite late). Unfortunately, Jimmy Carr made comments to do with w**king etc more than once, which made me delete it and not show her. Shame, as it would've been nice to show her and have a laugh about the old toys as the celebrities were with their children (and i wonder how many of them let their children watch it through when it was on air?)
    Why does everything have to be reduced to the lowest level when it doesn't need to be?

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Aren't we all last century?

Unless someone wants to admit to being 15?

14. oldsomeman

Jjimmy Carr is rubbish as a comedian anyway.everything for him is an excuse to belittle and demean.
    Other than him its amazing how many so called adults ridiculed the toys....rather than aknowledge in an age where there was not much else folks reacted in a different way.
    I remember when i got a car in a box game.but like etch a sketch where yu drove a car alinf road with a magnet underneath..i played with it for years happily as that was the toy of the day. or played happily with Plasticine or Meccano all day long.using my imagination.something modern toys dont seem to want you to use.

15. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I thought this was the BBC programme Back in Time for Christmas. I was properly jealous when the boy got a Johnny 7 (O.M.A.) in the 60's.

16. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter