1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So it is Keir; but he will apparently stumble badly on leaving the traps

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BigFrankEM, Apr 3, 2020.

1. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Established commenter

2. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Frank in the role of the Prophet Zarquon? Good luck with that one.

The writer of the Grauniad article explores some possibilities. Sensibly, he doesn't make predictions.

3. BigFrankEM

Well it was Keir .....

First part of the non prediction in the article spot on

Like my fears

4. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Frankie Boyle on the pandemic

https://theovertake.com/~beta/frank...OgBveT5CFlowRdMW2rFpYyvJJrnQMNIXTfd5H0dKc-29o

"Now seems as good a time as any to wonder what are Labour for. Since the election, it seems like they’re a way for the Houses of Parliament to save money by not installing heating; essentially meat radiators. I’m not saying the Labour leadership election went on too long, but human civilisation ended in the middle of it. Keir Starmer seems to be viewed as “electable” by Labour members largely because he looks like someone playing a Prime Minister in an old Spice Girls video. He will certainly provide a strong opposition to satire: he is difficult to joke about, in the same way that it is difficult to write jokes about brown wrapping paper, or the frozen tundra. He’ll find it difficult to make an early impact. The endless internal election will have robbed him of any novelty value; and by the time the pandemic is over, Boris will have reduced the vocabulary of politics to that of a Channel 5 football pundit who’s spent a week in a holiday cottage with low doorways."

5. burajda

burajda Star commenter

NEW LABOUR LEADER - Not many will notice that headline.
    But Boris will back from isolation soon enough.

6. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Established commenter

@MAGAorMIGA will be pleased Starmer has been elected. Not that he has been around much lately.

7. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Give him a chance dear me

8. BigFrankEM

Whereas I did; well "sort of"

And was right on the money, as they nowadays say.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52230830

Much to my chagrin, this time.

And to Keir's in the not too distant future, I also predict.

Unambiguously.

9. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Vamos a ver.