1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So I was thinking about old times....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sexysheep, Aug 19, 2011.

1. I've been up fairly late recently, and tonight,randomly, I was thinking back to the good times I had on TES! So I figured if I can't sleep, I may as well bite the bullet, and see who's still around, who's up to what, and what's new?
    I sincerely hope that someone replies to this or I will be extremely embarassed! I made some brilliant friends on here - just wanted to catch up on how every one was!
    SS

2. salsera

salsera New commenter

Another isomniac - thank goodness - morning!

3. It is much much quieter than it used to be in the old days. Used to be the front page posts were all less than ten minutes old at busy times, those days are gone now. And late at night used to be one of the busiest with all sorts of fun threads humming away. I don't know if it's because new posters are premoderated, so all those posts were either new posters (possibly trolls?) being busily provocative and established posters being provoked! Or maybe TES has just fallen into a less popular time.
    For myself I found the revamped TES (when was that?) not as quick and easy and pleasurable to use so it was a bit clunky and I no longer had the feeling of tripping lightly through various threads but rather dragging my computer through them. Also the addition of extra walls, whereas it used to be that everything went on Personal. That got me out of the habit, and then I guess I just realised how I used to let hours and hours slip through my fingers essentially talking nonsense!!
    It's likely they wanted it to get less busy. The politics used to be ridiculous with all the playground bullying, accusations of socks and trolls, redboxing, etc that used to go on.
    I just dip in for a few minutes a day now, and then sometimes leave it for a week - either because I have personally overcome my addiction, or because it still is missing that "certain something" in terms of the usability of the site, or because it is less busy, I don't know.
    What is other "older" posters' take on things since the New TES (now not nearly as new!)?

4. I preferred the old TES - lots more characters!!

5. wordsworth

wordsworth Senior commenter

sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG] you came back!!!!! ((((sexy)))) how have you been mate??

from wordy xxxxx

6. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Hello Sexysheep, I remember you well x x

7. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

Hi!
    There doesn't seem to be many good times now - you're more likely to get you head bitten off;)
    I do remember you were good fun though.

8. Never heard of you. xxxxxx

9. It seems like sad times have befallen TES land guys :( That saddens me! Looking at some posts last night, I seem to agree with you.
    I don't like the new site - i've decided. I can't use it properly :(| It's definitely clunky TES, sort it out!!
    @Wordy - I came back! I wonder how long i'll stay? Lets make some fun haha!
    @Bauble - how very dare you, I do believe I was your best customer at one stage :p We even made it into the actual TES haha!
    @PM - I remember you well too!
    SS

10. Been great thanks hun, loving life! How about you my dear? How's tricks? xx

11. I posted on here for a couple of years from 2005 as Aspie Girl. Then university took up too much of my time so I gave it up and I started posting again under my new name very recently. It does seem to have changed but the old characters are still here, some of them at least.

12. I remember you as Aspie Girl, definitely! i know what you mean - I kinda lost the time to do it, but as time feels infinite in the holidays, I thought I'd give it another go! It seems very....formal. Although, that's an opinion formed just by looking at the latest posts and threads, so perhaps I have misjudged. Bring back that 'who wants shots!" threads haha!

13. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

It did become very nasty for a while... and the changes have made a difference...some good some not so...
    But there are still many characters lurking about and popping in and out ...

:eek:)

14. Oh Good - hoping some of the legends makes a re appearance here, just to say hello....
    Fingers crossed!

15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

i bet your remember this old guy,...i feel lke a foundation stone.big and heavy!

16. N'awwww!!! Hi guys - remember you all. *waves back* SS

17. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

not sure how many more waves we can do

[​IMG]

18. I used to spend the best part of my life on this forum. Then I think I moved on in a huff (did the format change or something? I don't like change!) Couldn't even remember what my name was in the old days but used to have a good laugh.
    I remember one of the last topics I posted on was a woman who was claiming she was being abused by her husband and scared for her life. Hooked us all in and then turned out to be a complete farce. Couldn't be bothered trying to figure out then who was genuine or not! Now spend the best part of my life looking after my 1 year old and husband of 2 years in the house we bought a year ago (been busy!)

19. Yay! I'm sure you were lapin before I disappeared! How's life treating you?x

20. Oooh I remember that one too. Nice to see so many old faces on here. Dip in and out every now and again, but not as much as I used to. I actually quite miss the place