1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So, I walked into a pub

Discussion in 'Personal' started by felltogroundinberkeleysquare, Oct 12, 2015.

1. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

What is it about teachers?

There was I, minding my own business, when a load of ladies arrived, and after re-arranging the bar seating several times, one of them sat next to me, whilst I was eating my chicken ( sorry), and proceeded to tell me all about her rescued dog from Greece, and very nice he was too. On their arrival there was nearly an incident between the previous incumbent dog, some incumbent large lassie and their other two dogs. Still let's call him Stig with one eye.

Enraptured I was by the owner of Stig who showed me his pics in Greece where he was injured and now only had one eye. Most endearing. However, she then went on to tell me she used to be a Deputy Head Teacher in I think, Sunderland where the north winds do blow. Moved down for clean air. Do I attract retired teachers who are clearly in large lady groups? Or am I imagining it? And is there no fresh air in the North East?

Rhoswen77 likes this.
  2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

You were eating chicken and were interrupted by an indeterminate number of retired teachers and four dogs?
    Sounds like an interesting pub. Ours is all teenagers and old men doing the general knowledge crossword.

3. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

That's what I thought!

4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Only the NEELB.

5. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

7. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

Oh Ok, I see. However, these were ladies ladies, and had escaped the North East for the benefits of Cheltenham and around.

8. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

A bit like me, except I am just a lady, I think.

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Just? does that mean they are others who are more?

10. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Puts me in mind of this tourism poster.
    10996698_1178460308850087_7241299201531959998_n.jpg

11. Rhoswen77

Rhoswen77 Established commenter

Large lady groups or large lady groups?! Hilarious description of them commandeering chairs and talking *at* you.

12. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

What can I say? It was like a hoard of ladies doing lady's things in an unladylike manner, but I WAS endeared to them, even though they were acting like scoundrels and making a darned nuisance of themselves.

Rhoswen77 likes this.