1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So I think it's my turn not to hear....

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Moony, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

So, a week after the deadline and I've still not heard back. I might be jumping the gun a little on assuming I've not been shortlisted but it's kinda what I expected on this one. I guess I'll know for deffinate by around Tuesday. Hey ho....back to waiting.

2. Don't dismiss it too soon. I got an interview call yesterday - 3 weeks after the application deadline! They had wanted all the references in first and were sending everything by post. Some schools are just more efficient than others. Good luck!

3. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

3 weeks? Thats a long time to leave someone waiting. But yeah, i'm not dismissing things out of pessimism as such, it's more a tactical choice not to worry about it.

4. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

For my current post I didn't receive an interview letter for two weeks. I had written off being shortlisted as the advert said 'if you have not heard within 14 days......".
    The letter came on the 14th day!
    I also applied for a job before Christmas which said I would hear within 4 weeks if I'd been shortlisted. That one took 3.5 weeks before I had an invite letter.
    But last year I heard within 2 days of the closing date for a couple of jobs. So you never know with anything in this game..