1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So... I have a date on Tuesday

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Apr 29, 2012.

1. I guess it is classed as a date. It's someone from an online site. First meeting. I am slightly excited but also trying not to be excited as I don't have much luck with men! Not really sure what to wear. I am also aware I can be a bit loud and extrovert. That is all. Just needed to say something. Because I'm not telling anyone else until I know it's gone well - people put too much pressure on me otherwise.

2. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Best of luck, disguise.

3. Thanks crowbob :S

4. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Be safe.

Have fun

Good luck!

5. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

Extrovert and loud is good - no awkward silences!
    Good luck [​IMG]

6. Yes, but most men find this fact about me a little intimidating!

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

That's because they aren't good enough for you.
    This one might be, but you'll only find out if you are yourself.
    Good luck disguise.

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

there is a time when silence is golden lol
    I can cope with them.but not if they talk loud in some places lol

have fun///as the words of the song go
    'enjoy yourself its later than you think
    enjoy yourself while your stillin the pink
    the years roll by and things begine to sink
    enjoy yourself
    enjoy yourself
    its later than you think!'

9. Good luck! I hope it goes really well :) Is this the first time you've met someone in this way? I'd weat something like nice jeans and ballet shoes with a pretty top but I guess it depends where you are going? x

10. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Best of luck to you! Friend met a lovely man through online dating, not at all what she would have usually gone for in terms of looks, build etc but they had got on so well through email and then phone calls, and they've been together since September now.

11. 576

576 Established commenter

PLEASE consider telling someone in your real life. Someone who can check you get home safely and who knows the details of where you were, when and with whom in the incredibly unlikely event that all doesn't go smoothly.
    Safety first!

12. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Is it too early for me to buy a hat? [​IMG]

13. Hope it goes well! Have fun! xxx

14. WOAH how exciting. Good luck. I met Mr Pin through a similar mechanism.
    Back in the day though it was lonely hearts ads in the newspaper!!! (I DID tell somebody where I was and I didn't on the first date, iyswim!)
    Gosh, thrills thrills, have a shedload of fun with it!!!

15. Ok So I have had a horrid day, everything has gone wrong and I am shattered. I was super close to cancelling or rather postponing tonight but got a text from the date telling me he was looking forward to it so felt I couldn't. I am off soon, wearing a pretty brown floral dress and brown tights/boots. Wish me luck! Will probably check in tomorrow unless it goes horribly wrong!

16. Good luck! Smile and enjoy it!

17. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

so cinders have you seen the time?

18. So how did it go?

19. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

I was just thinking the same thing

20. Hi everyone. Yes it went quite well we had similar interests so lots to talk about - he was quite quiet but I don't mean not chatty, I mean literally quiet! I struggled to hear what he said! He expressed an interest in meeting up again which I'll consider. Still not entirely sure I want to date again but it was nice to get out and meet someone.