1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So I didn't get the job - no real surprise

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Says it all really what with nose operation. Found that the effects of gravity caused me real pain and this had a masive impact on my performance during lesson. Plus my requests for a TA were not met but I reckon it was not being able to concentrate and lack of full mobility due to the pain (I can't even bend over for more than 10 seconds) that did for me. The school were however impressed that I turned up at all and their decision to appoint someone who did better on the day is totally understandable as no consideration should be given to those who perform poorly. At least I got an interview.

2. Says it all really what with nose operation. Found that the effects of gravity caused me real pain and this had a masive impact on my performance during lesson. Plus my requests for a TA were not met but I reckon it was not being able to concentrate and lack of full mobility due to the pain (I can't even bend over for more than 10 seconds) that did for me. The school were however impressed that I turned up at all and their decision to appoint someone who did better on the day is totally understandable as no consideration should be given to those who perform poorly. At least I got an interview.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh supply slave, yet another setback.[​IMG] Mind you the nose operation must have made it difficult to do really well
    Plus points are
    1 "The school were however impressed that I turned up at al"
    2 " At least I got an interview." which IS good going thses days.
    Would have posted a bouquet on the Flowers thread but perhaps this is more suitable
    [​IMG]

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh curses, double curses!
    But, a really good pat on the back for turning up anyway. There is a pretty good chance that you impressed them so much that they will remember you, and even that the Head might pass your name on.
    There have been people on here getting jobs from name-passed-on-after-unsuccessful-interview.
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com