1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So. How was your day?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Orkrider2, Nov 26, 2018.

1. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

bombaysapphire, agathamorse and InkyP like this.
  2. sodalime

sodalime Star commenter

I'm really sorry to hear that @InkyP , what a shock and roller coaster of emotions you must all be on. Here's hoping she is going to be just fine! x

agathamorse and InkyP like this.
  3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

My father had brain surgery about three years ago - he had a tumour the size of a golf ball in his cranium.

He's still around.

agathamorse likes this.
  4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

Wow! That's huge, I'm glad he's OK now. Good to know!

agathamorse likes this.
  5. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

Sorry to hear about your daughter @InkyP. I hope she’s not in too much pain. Please let us know how she gets on. X

agathamorse and InkyP like this.
  6. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

This is similar to the size of my uncles. His is a secondary brain cancer, so not looking hugely hopeful, and they can’t work out where the primary cancer originated from.
    A friend of my mother in laws recently had a benign brain tumour removed and has recovered very well. Thinking of you inky

frangipani123 and InkyP like this.
  7. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

All the best, Inky, for you and your daughter.

InkyP likes this.
  8. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Yes indeed! Are you going to listen to the afternoon play?

9. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Thinking of you and yours @InkyP and hoping that everything goes well.

InkyP likes this.
  11. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

What a shock for you all @InkyP Very best wishes to you

InkyP likes this.
  12. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

Very sorry to hear about your daughter's situation @InkyP .

InkyP likes this.
  13. josienig

josienig Star commenter

@InkyP What a shock to get..very best wishes to you all x

InkyP likes this.
  14. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

Thinking of you and your daughter and wishing you all the best @InkyP .

InkyP likes this.
  15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Today was a busier one, The gas fitter is finally coming to fit the gas fire and change some units tomorrow. So I have been fixing in a new board for the back of the fire and laying tiles in the raised hearth area due to new regulations/It was hard work on my knees and so they ached like hell after the event.
    Plus the taxi service for the wife.
    Because the man is changing the hob and oven I have had to clear away in that area, eek I never realised how much grease there was. Its taken me an hour of clearing up to make it reasonably tidy for the fitter to do the job.....yet in another way, I am happy as I was doing things I enjoy(well not the cleaning lol)

16. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Sorry to hear about your daughter @InkyP. Sending my best wishes for a full and rapid recovery.

InkyP likes this.
  17. sandrajames3921

sandrajames3921 New commenter

My day was hectic today! I had some consulting to do and my client ended up coming late and then I had some plans with the family which got cancelled due to my late schedule. I had to go visit some of the people in the noon and I am so bad at directions that I ended up getting lost and then finding my way back after sometime. I think I should learn how to use Google maps properly. I don't know why I trust myself to find my way. But the dinner was good. My family waited patiently for me and we had an amazing meal together. I guess I can happily go to sleep now. Hope y'all had a kinda good day, too.

18. peakster

peakster Star commenter

If that's your real name and photo then get this post deleted

19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I hope everything works out @InkyP . I was going to regale the thread with my cervical spinal problems and how they affect my approach to gym work but I'll save it for another day.

InkyP likes this.
  20. rararasputin

rararasputin Lead commenter

I had Y11 3 times today - nuff said.