1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So how was the weather for you this BH weekend?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by robyn147, May 7, 2012.

1. After reading doom laden headlines about it being extremely cold with freezing temperatures and heavy rain, it has actually been quite nice.
    Saturday was ok but a bit cold in the afternoon.
    Sunday was fantastic, supposed to be 10C but felt more like 16C. Went to a fantastic arboretum near us, sleeveless top weather.
    Monday - car boot in morning, not too warm, not too cold. Afternoon - overcast but fine.
    A friend of mine runs a caravan site near here - she said she had far fewer (or is it less?) bookings this weekend. Could it be down to the headlines during the week predicting a miserable weekend?
    This is from sunny Yorkshire by the way.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

After reading doom laden headlines about it being extremely cold with freezing temperatures and heavy rain, it has actually been quite nice.
    Saturday was ok but a bit cold in the afternoon.
    Sunday was fantastic, supposed to be 10C but felt more like 16C. Went to a fantastic arboretum near us, sleeveless top weather.
    Monday - car boot in morning, not too warm, not too cold. Afternoon - overcast but fine.
    A friend of mine runs a caravan site near here - she said she had far fewer (or is it less?) bookings this weekend. Could it be down to the headlines during the week predicting a miserable weekend?
    This is from sunny Yorkshire by the way.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Baltic. The heating has been on regularly. Bah!

4. Baltic here, too. Bah too!!
    ps - Winter duvet is still on bed (unheard of in May); winter coat is still being worn (it's normally in the drycleaners by now) and the blasted heating is still on winter time.
    Not happy. :-(

5. Saturday and Sunday - warm and sunny. I spent 11 hours down our lottie and sooooooooooo enjoyed my time pottering about.
    Today started off sunny, but has turned out cold.
    At least we`ve not had the forecasted rain.
    From Cheshire (no hosepipe ban yet) [​IMG]

6. Hampshire is wet - although we stayed dry on our dog walk today. Forecast kept changing but we struck lucky, forecast is showers for the rest of the week. We haven't had an evening suitable for BBQ for years. PS obyn 'far fewer' is correct if matched with plural noun as in your case. 'Less' is correct if matched with a singular noun - often abstract - eg 'lesshope'

7. The forecast for this part of Yorkshire has been dire, with predictions of freezing temperatures and torrential rain. I'm pleased to report that I've hung washing out on the line each morning - and it has dried.

8. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Another in Yorkshire. Spent the day on a barge in Hebdon Bridge. Actually sunburnt my face!!! We were expecting it to be freezing!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've had the heating on all weekend in SW London. It has been cold and gloomy with intermittent rain.

10. Your life sounds a lot more interesting than mine! You're out there catching the sun and I'm excited about putting the washing on the line[​IMG]
    P.S. I love Hebden!

11. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

You're getting hardened to it, we've had rain, grey gloom and sun. I did some heavy duty gardening this afternoon and was sweating like a pig, so I was quite pleased it was quite cool.

12. us too - NW london

13. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Well, it didn't snow!

14. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

LOL perhaps if I told you I marked mock SATs paper on Saturday evening you wouldn't be saying that!
    ooooh me too such a lovely place. I love living in God's County [​IMG]

15. Aaaah, I feel better now[​IMG]

16. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

The weather was irrelevant - we've spent all three days decorating a bedroom. We know how to live eh?

17. oh, you mad, impetuous fools, you [​IMG]

18. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Is it a huge bedroom?