1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So how cold are you? Really?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Motherofchikkins, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Boots? Scarves? Gloves? Or just a jumper, and throw another log on the fire?

2. Motherofchikkins

Oh, that posted before I'd finished. I'll be there in a couple of days, and am still packing, and trying to gauge the… well.. .coldness.. of it all :) Is it freezing?!

3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I was out in a t-shirt and cardigan just now and decided that all the people in anoraks were probably more sensible than me. But it was quite warm in the sun. Jumper and scarf weather rather than the duffel coat!

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

You've forgotten, haven't you?

Bring everything. Just to be on the safe side.

I've been out in my cami in the garden this morning but just bring everything.

5. Motherofchikkins

@Fiere_Imsaho

Ahh! Thank you! That sounds more hopeful than I was expecting! :)

6. Motherofchikkins

Yes.. that was what I was thinking. I have a duffel coat, bright red, probably more 'fashionable' than warm. It was designed for Oz, lets face it. I have boots. And tartan wellingtons. And shoes. Leggings. Jeans. And then layers of singlets, and long sleeved T-shirt thingy's and jumpers on top of that. And gloves And a hat. That should be enough surely?

7. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Yes. It's not actually cold cold. Just colder than it has been. A bit. But not WINTER cold. Gracious, you'll be fine.

8. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Don't forget about the rain. Is your duffel waterproof?

Motherofchikkins likes this.
  9. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

It's autumnal- which is ok since it is actually Autumn! It's warm enough during the day to wear a jumper, or a light(ish) jacket, but it's a bit chilly in the evenings. Enough to have a throw over the legs here!o_O

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Bright, sunny but chilly. You need layers.

11. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Still in sandals, but wearing a cardi over the t-shirt

Motherofchikkins likes this.
  12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I am on the sofa under a blanket and a small dog. Dogs make great hot water bottles so I am toasty warm.

13. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Today I have felt chilled to the bone, but that's probably because although it is colder than it has been my cold is still hanging on and making me feel miserable and therefore probably colder.

14. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

The temperature drops when it starts to get dark, I lit the fire at 5.10 today, earliest yet by about 2 hours.

15. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I've been in short-sleeves since about 9.30 this morning. I'm always hot at school anyway! At home, we haven't turned the central heating on yet... but have had the gas fire on for 30 minute blasts a couple of evenings. I have slippers on but still short-sleeves and the beef, chorizo and chilli stew that's currently cooking will surely warm me up even more. :) I love this weather.

16. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

Been having fires for several days now: 2 deg on the way to the station this morning!

17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I whack the central heating on around now (7 ish) switch off at bedtime. During the day leave the CH on tick-over during the day, I hate coming in to a cold house.

18. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Good point! I'd forgotten I had to scrape the windscreen this morning.

19. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

I have seen a post on another site from someone who claims to have spent a couple of hours sunbathing this afternoon.

20. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

It was 2 degrees when I drove a certain person to the station this morning, and despite my best fleece I have been cold all day. Tried to turn the flue off on the chimney, but couldn't so lit it instead. I'm afraid we are nearing Winter, having not had much of a Summer. Keep warm and carry on. I've given up on the calm thing... who wants to be calm when you can be raving mad: it certainly keeps you warmer.