1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

so have we actually run out of teachers? and what happens now?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by dunnocks, Feb 2, 2018.

1. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

I feel luckier and luckier, the more I hear from others.

The only lecture I remember was a History of Education in the UK. The rest of the uni stuff was all seminars and workshops. Mostly practical - very little philosophy or abstract theory.

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I liked them... chance to catch up... I did some good doodling in them.

3. RollingJuggernaut

RollingJuggernaut New commenter

It's a shame that so many on here were not inspired or interested. Maybe it was the fault of your lecturers... but how many teachers complain about their students not concentrating or taking lessons seriously when perhaps they were guilty of the same on their PGCE?!

JL48 likes this.
  4. Pretty much like our place. A number of staff off long term with WRS and other chronic illnesses. A succession of supply teachers and cover supervisors
    http://dramaonline.pk/gossip/

5. silkywave

silkywave Lead commenter

When I moved I contacted local schools directly. Without exception they used agencies. I can get plenty of work through agencies but at a pittance. I saw an agency wanted a year 6 teacher for £7.70 an hour. Why should I mark and plan in my unpaid time? Nearly all schools now have no connection with local education authorities who used to keep lists of supply teachers.
    Most people know a teacher and the message is getting through clearly to graduates DON’T GOING INTO TEACHING. Most NQTs don’t last more than five years. It’s not a career choice.

Shedman likes this.