1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So draining!!!

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Keighleigh, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Keighleigh

Keighleigh New commenter

Applying for Headship, visiting school, meeting staff, parents, children and governors and NOT GETTING THE JOB!!! As well as doing your day job!!!

My goodness!! Anyway, have to keep going!!!

2. Keep going! I felt the same but did get a job this time round! I don't know what to do with all this extra time! :0) Its this silly season for Headships! If you really want it, it will be worth it!

3. cleggy1611

cleggy1611 New commenter

I've just been unsuccessful after a 2 day interview process. I feel totally drained but need to get myself motivated to carry on doing a good job in my own school. I'm not sure if I should apply for another dht job instead.

4. Keighleigh

Keighleigh New commenter

Exactly Cleggy but another DHT role is more of the same. Keep going, I'm sure we will get there!!

5. Defininately keep going, esp if you can see your current head and think you can do a better job!
    I had 4 gruelling interviews before getting my job.
    On a note of caution, don't take a school you are not 100% wanting to lead & don't compromise too much on the type of school you want.
    The right role will come up.
    B