1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So disturbing as to be lovecraftian

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Jul 19, 2019.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Don't get me wrong... lovely songs... but... visually... this is so disturbing.

It just looks... wrong... like reality is rebelling against itself in an effort to excise the infection! [I've had two glasses of wine]

primarycat likes this.
  2. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Certainly the most disappointing stage show I ever saw, so I won't be bothering with a film. They didn't even try to move like cats do.

3. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Yeah I've seen some pictures. Teeth so human. Ears so not. They look too naked. Give me squid-boy any day in preference.

lanokia likes this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

agathamorse and primarycat like this.
  5. artboyusa

artboyusa Lead commenter

Pitiful fools, you dare mock Lord Cthulhu, the Great Dreamer? You know not your peril!
    upload_2019-7-19_20-53-29.jpeg

agathamorse, lanokia and primarycat like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I don't know if I've seen the stage show. I know I saw Les Mis as a kid, my mum was obsessed with Lloyd Webber musicals. And maybe Phantom.

But hard to tell the difference between the musical and ... many hours of the cassette being played in the car... [it was a break from the Beatles and Abba...]

agathamorse and primarycat like this.
  7. primarycat

Back leg in air licking their bottoms? Asleep on the sofa for hours?

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

James Corden is a thing from the deepest pits of Azaroth... the darkest pits of Commorragh would vomit in response to his blight on their most pestilential pit... demons would shield their spawns eyes and whisper sweet entreaties to them to protect them from the sound of his footfall.

Only Ed Sheeran is worse.

agathamorse, nomad and primarycat like this.
  9. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I've always thought the whole idea of a musical based on cats was creepy enough to start with, this has taken it to next level creepiness, cat faces and human lips - shudder.

10. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I enjoyed the stage show when it first came out.
    I dont like the look of hte film. I won't be going to see it.

11. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

It doesn't look so odd to me, the hair, but maybe that's because I'm watching on my phone.

The odd thing for me is the bodies with the faces. So human faces but slimlined cat bodies with no female curves but then human bottoms with tails?! Sorry, that would be too distracting for a whole film.

(I'm fed up of all these remade films, live action or rehashed retellings. I want to see new things, especially if I'm spending at least £10 a ticket.)

12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

They made CGI furries.

Let that sink in...

13. primarycat

Must I?

agathamorse likes this.
  14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Yes..

Furries

agathamorse likes this.
  15. primarycat

Sheesh. You are hard core.

agathamorse and lanokia like this.
  16. afterdark

afterdark Senior commenter

No, not Lovecraftian.

This is fim is Lovecraftian.

agathamorse likes this.
  17. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

18. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

These sorts of glass half empty responses to new box office inroads are just typical of the negativity here, whereas I for one am really pleased, no-humbled- on behalf of Judy Dench for finally getting the chance to work with Taylor Swift.
    It could be the career break she's been looking for!

agathamorse and racroesus like this.
  19. afterdark

afterdark Senior commenter

Taylor who?

20. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

When I discovered how many musicals Benny Andersson had a hand in, I reappraised his Abba work and realised that Abba's output is just one huge bloody musical. No wonder it was so easy to create the Mamma Mia the movie.

agathamorse likes this.