1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So ..... did you have a good one? Scores out of 10.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Jan 1, 2011.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

My new year was ok. Went to a fairly sedate do, nice buffet, terrible comic, fun disco with loads of motown, then back to friends for champagne.( I DID take my shoes off btw) New friends who are interesting and am really pleased to have shared the new year with them.Tottered home, in bed by 4.00 but feel fine today. OH not so hot - slumped in front of tele now. I'd be happy to stay in but he really feels the need to sing auld lang syne in a crowd. So I would rate it 7/10

2. 10/10 for mine.
    I hate new years eve but had family round ours for a distraction. Ended up having a really wonderful evening which was probably helped by having no expectations of the night!

3. Stayed in with OH and daughter, who is only can home for xmas and is flying back to the Philippines tomorrow, so it was lovely to be able to share new years eve with her, be it only at home with plenty of plonk and Jools on TV..10/10

4. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Hmmm... 9 out of 10 for me. Had a quiet evening in with Mr Belle, watching a few DVDs, playing with his Playstation Move, nattering and... Ummm... more horizontal fun! In amongst that, I also somehow drank a bottle of wine, a bottle of cider and two glasses of Cava!

5. Went to a party I wasn't entirely enthusiastic about. Son2 was supposed to go to a party he wasn't entirely enthusiastic about, and because he wasn't entirely enthusiastic, decided not to go and stayed in on his own. I suspect this is frankly a bit weird in a 26 yr old but think it might be the way to go for me in 2011.
    Although I didn't hate the party - it was better than expected and there were some people I was pleased to see - I had to watch what I was drinking, make small talk and be pleasant for six hours, didn't get to bed until 3 a.m. and spend the night in someone else's house, and am absolutely shattered today as a result.
    Earlier in the day however I got a nice pair of jeans in the sales for fifteen quid, so have raised it to 6/10.

6. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

11/10! went to lovely house party. not many of us but just right number to chat to. made some fab new friends as well. got wonderfully glammed up (under instructions from hosts) and was suitably 'ooooo'd' at. i was the only girl there, and mr s the only straight male, so i got lots of attention! (once in a blue moon that's great for your confidence!) and plenty of wine. and the thoughtful fellows had got lots of minibars of choc as well as quality st and roses! all nice and relaxed, lots of hugs, and bubbly on tap.
    and my makeup stayed exactly where i put it, all night.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Nobody died: 1/10

8. That's only because you spent 23p over your budget of £3.78 :¬))

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Goodness...does someone have to die before you give more than 1/10? More than one person...how many for 10/10?

Lily - I can't remember when I last went out on NYE and have several times spent it on my own - I recommend it.

10. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I'll give it 10. Great party with close friends who all live within stumbling distance. Had enough fizz to get " happy" but not so much that I feel it today. Played silly games, laughed a lot, kids enjoyed it, everyone safely home and in bed by 1.30am. Result.

11. -5/10
    I seriously hope that 2011 has decided to be a bit nicer to me and mine than it was in 2010. There'll be trouble if it's not!
    I'm cheered to read that other people had a nice night out though[​IMG]

12. 3/10. Usually spend it with the same group of friends in their house but unable to go this year. Spent it with partner and his sister. Partner was grumpy all day which rubbed off on me by the evening so we were barely speaking - how lovely for his sis!
    Have given a generous 3 as there were some lovely fireworks and Chinese latterns to look at at 12 (We have a great view so could watch loads of different displays from the window) and also because as stated earlier 'nobody died'!
    It was easily the worst New Year's Eve I've had in a long time -hoping it's not going to be an omen for the year!

13. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

We were expecting people for dinner but both couples cancelled - one due to illness and one decided to drop us to babysit for her son. I wouldn't have minded so much if I'd had more notice but I had just bought all the food when she sent the text.
    That made last night a bit of an anti-climax but I had a fun online chat with friends and some champagne and good food (not to mention the loads that has gone in the freezer). I enjoyed watching Alice in Wonderland too so that gives it 7/10.

14. For reasons mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I had a very quiet NYE. Himself and I watched a load of harmless stuff on TV, sans alcohol or fancy food. We had saved a very special bottle of champagne to open at midnight but just wouldn't have appreciated it so, for the first time in many years, we awoke without a New Year's Day hangover.
    So, not the most exciting NYE, compared to the wild times we've had in the past, but it was just what I needed....to let the old year slip away without acknowledgement in the hope of a better year ahead.
    5/10

15. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

Was tucked up in bed with my earplugs in so even the fireworks going off at midnight didn't wake me up. A definite 10/10

16. I had a really good one - 10/10.
    It was my cousins wedding and we had a room booked for the night so lovely hotel, lovely meal, lots and lots of wine, fireworks at midnight..it was all lovely.