1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So confused now. Don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Teacher_Jen, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Ok guys, I really need your help. I am really confused about the whole application process for 2012.
    I am looking to either complete a SCITT course, a GTP or PGCE as the last option.
    The training providers I have contacted have stated that there is a new system in place as of 2012, whereby you apply through the TDA website. Does this mean there is a direct application form and if so, will they except those who are currently working towards their GCSE maths? as I am starting mine in September of this year, in hopes of having the grade in place by September 2012. The GTTR doesn't seem to allow this option, although it has an option for equivalency tests.
    Please help guys. I don't want to have to wait another year :(

2. Ok guys, I really need your help. I am really confused about the whole application process for 2012.
    I am looking to either complete a SCITT course, a GTP or PGCE as the last option.
    The training providers I have contacted have stated that there is a new system in place as of 2012, whereby you apply through the TDA website. Does this mean there is a direct application form and if so, will they except those who are currently working towards their GCSE maths? as I am starting mine in September of this year, in hopes of having the grade in place by September 2012. The GTTR doesn't seem to allow this option, although it has an option for equivalency tests.
    Please help guys. I don't want to have to wait another year :(

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

To be honest with jobs as they are at the moment, delaying your training would be no bad thing!

4. I guess the new system is replacing the GTTR application form but I cant imagine much changing on it - someone else may correct me though as it's been a few years!

What I can say is that the GCSE maths shouldn't be a problem because it will just become one of the conditions when you get offered a course placement. After all, most people who are applying for these places will be in their last year of their degree so in some ways they are in the same predicament as you only their condition will be that they reach a certain level with their final degree mark.

If the online application form does not have an option for alerting them to the fact that you dont have it at the time of application then i would fill it in as though i did have it but mention that you are currently sitting it in your personal statement.

Hope this helps