1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So confused about GTTR track - please help!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by robynsmith, Feb 8, 2011.

1. I had an interview for the PGCE in Social Sciences at the IOE on Monday 13th December 2010. I was invited via email.
    On 13th January, my GTTR Track page updated to say interview for 13th January, but I thought we'd been told to ignore any changes on track unless they were offers. I have just clicked on the interview information however, and it says my interview is on 28th January.
    Obviously I didn't go because had already had an interview and thought we should ignore changes! Now worried they are going to think I didn't go!
    I have rang them but no answer, so have emailed but I thought I'd see if you guys can help to put my mind at rest!

2. I had an interview for the PGCE in Social Sciences at the IOE on Monday 13th December 2010. I was invited via email.
    On 13th January, my GTTR Track page updated to say interview for 13th January, but I thought we'd been told to ignore any changes on track unless they were offers. I have just clicked on the interview information however, and it says my interview is on 28th January.
    Obviously I didn't go because had already had an interview and thought we should ignore changes! Now worried they are going to think I didn't go!
    I have rang them but no answer, so have emailed but I thought I'd see if you guys can help to put my mind at rest!

3. In December I was invited to interview at KCL on January 12th, obviously I attended but my track still says nothing at all and apparently hasn't updated since 25th November which is when I sent my application! Grr!

4. I had an interview on 9th November for Warwick Uni and was given a conditional offer (based on funding) sometime in December but my GTTR hasn't updated since the 20th October!! I think the whole system is just a total mess this year

5. If it hadnt updated I wouldnt be so worried as got an email about the interview anyway. Just the fact that it has updated with the wrong information... I'm now worrying do IoE think I didn't turn up?
    [​IMG]
    thanks for responding though!

6. Who did you phone GTTR or IoE? If you only received the one email from IoE for your original interview date, I'm sure you will be fine

7. I phoned IOE but no answer. Worth giving GTTR a shot then?

8. Probably-it's worth a try :) Good luck

9. Does anyone elses status on GTTR say stop?

10. I think it depends on the provider giving the GTTR the info to update their system, mine has been updated within a day of me recieving letters for each point. I had a 'stop' on mine as I had been offered a 'conditional on funding' place , it just means your provider has asked for an extension on the time they are allowed to consider your application in before it is passed to your next choice. I'm one of lucky ones as I have now 'firmly accepted' my unconditional place on the GTTR website. I hope you all hear very soon as I know how unbearable all the waiting has been.

11. Lgx and stacey - thanks i rang gttr they said its not them, so to try ioe. i did and got an answer this time time yay. they said it looks like a mistake and they do know i went to an interview on the right day *phew* as would have been rejected for not turning up otherwise! they have until 16th feb to make a decsion
    ktsum - ioe have until 16th feb to make their decision, dont know if you're with ioe but if you have stop displayed it means your uni has had its limit to make its decision on your application, but they are asking for more time. so gttr should contact you to see if you want them to keep considering you, or just reject you and so you can go to your next choice. thats what the lady on the phone at ioe just said anyway as i could get that on 16th feb, so hope that helps!