1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

So close I can almost taste it!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3407, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Had my interview today.

Just got the call and the person I spoke to said that they liked me the best (YAY), but they wanted to invite me back for another interview session and give me the opportunity to teach a longer session. The guy from the school said it'd probably be a GCSE class and an hour and half taking an A Level class (EAAAKKKKKKK, didn't do any A level during my PGCE)! Fortunately I have been given some time to think about it and a few small pointers on where to improve.

On an aside, one of the agencies I signed up sent my CV off to a local school. I'm going in there tomorrow for a chat/interview to potentially start work after Feb half term till Easter (March time).

If I get both jobs it'll work out very nicely, as the local job will take me up until Easter, and the other job will begin after the Easter holidays (does mean quite a relocate though)!

2. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Looking good! Fingers crossed......

3. Good luck!

4. tigger82

tigger82 New commenter

Fantastic!
    Best of luck with both x

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well aren't you the clever girl! Or boy, but a Shiny Star sounds female.
    We are all crossing our fingers here!
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

6. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Good Luck for both!
    [​IMG]

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

sounds promising! Good luck!!

8. Yes Theo, I am a lady! (I used to go by a different username though)!

Also, I don't think 'round two' was initially planned. I'm guessing that it's at least a positive they didn't say no straight off and saw some potential!