1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Snow?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Jan 17, 2016.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

CV8 has had a sprinkling overnight and there are a few wet flakes falling now. I hate snow after the initial thrill of how gorgeous a heavy fall looks but how can anyone love it who has ever had to drive to work slithering and sliding all over the road and going sideways road bends with other cars heading towards you.
    We were going a walk this am, to do a recce for our walking group commitment, but I doubt we'll bother now unless the sky breaks up a bit - there is some blue beginning to show. We might shuffle into town for a coffee.

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

An incredibly light dusting here.... so light it's already nearly gone...

3. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

Welly boots on and about to head off to church. Normally, we give a bunch of lifts but it'll be everyone for themselves today!

4. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

We had a bit in the night. It only settled on the roofs and on the tops of cars, with a tiny sprinkling on the grass in the garden. Sydney skyped and the grandboys clamoured to see it. They have never seen snow and are fascinated by it. It's very pretty but I only like it in pictures.

aspensquiver likes this.
  5. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Snow! Yippee!

Only a light dusting, but it's still brought a bit of its magic. I looked out of the bedroom window last night before getting into bed to see how frosty it was just as a car was going by to see the headlights lighting up falling snow. I did consider getting dressed again and going outside for a little play in it, I like driving in falling snow at night (as long as its not for long).

Driving in snow is an adventure I used to quite like, then again it was always more likely to signify a day off work than a difficult journey to get there. Walking in snow is great, why wouldn't you get out to see the countryside transformed? If you're lucky it will snow while you're out.

MW - Chionophile.

racroesus likes this.
  6. TurpinOil

TurpinOil Occasional commenter

5 inches here. Started 3pm yesterday. More forecast for 3pm today:)

aspensquiver likes this.
  7. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

No snow days for me as I have to take it as leave! So hoping it won't be too bad.

8. Incommunicado

Incommunicado Established commenter

Oh dear, Turpinoil.... that could lead to school closures!

9. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

All melted away...

11. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

No snow here, we've got very fine rain instead.

12. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Thick layer here.I am like an excited child and am about to drag my son off for a walk in the park.Might even go and find the toboggan....

cuteinpuce and marlin like this.
  13. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

No snow here (Kent) :(

14. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Erm...!

15. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

No snow here in the East Midlands but it is blimmin' freezing!

16. peakster

peakster Star commenter

A tiny dusting overnight but all gone now.

Good job - my journey into work is dangerous enough as it is.

17. Sisyphus_rolls_again

Sisyphus_rolls_again Established commenter

About 2 inches here.
    Mrs Sisyphus and I went out for a walk in the park at about half past one this morning as big fat flakes fell straight down with no wind, then home to a delightful 30 minutes in front of the fire as the embers died away and we drank hot chocolate.

Sometimes, life is delightful.

racroesus and Mangleworzle like this.
  18. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

A flurry of fluffy flakes on my way to market this morning. Now just very cold and very soggy.

19. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

2" + in my part of leafy Warwickshire. Still plenty on roofs but roads more or less clear on my way to church at 9.00am. Flippin' cold!!! :eek:

20. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

No snow here but the frost is so thick it looks like snow! Scared to go outside as the frost seems to be staying even in the full midday sun!