1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Snow White - ever so slightly adult content

Discussion in 'Personal' started by airy, May 27, 2011.

1. Bit weird that. I found the "unconscious" dancing very disturbing! Would just a wee peck on the cheek not have done the job?

2. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

weirder still considering he is supposed to have thought her dead. I found it quite complicated. I hope you are meant to make allowances for the media. But then if you are not?

3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

If anything was ever going to turn me onto ballet, that would be it. Although i could never cope with traditional bellet. It was quite fascinating the way he threw her around. She must have been using her leg muscles here and there but it was imperceptible. It was both sexy and slightly disturbing at the same time, but incedibly elegant.
    Nasty bruise on her right thigh, but she did have a nice bum.

4. lurk_much

Yes. I suspect they both fit the remarkably well toned description. I have been reading reviews, she said she was instructed to just let her body go as it would when they were working through it. It did have something unsettling about it. I have watched it a few times now. I enjoy the lewdity though obviously if challenged it is the beauty of the choreography that I am transfixed by.
    this is another I keep coming back to.
    YouTube - Tanz im August 2 - Semperoper Ballett performing at the Potsdamer Platz, Berlin

5. lurk_much

cheers CK, I have read most of his stuff but have never bumped into that one.

6. One to avoid in a dark alley...

7. lurk_much

Airy.
    I am reading something good at the moment. China Miéville - Kraken. It is a blend of Neil Gaiman, Nick Harkaway, Charles Stross.
    It is a bit wacky but fun, better than most of his previous stuff. IMHO.