1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

snow - again

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chasingharrywinston, Feb 19, 2011.

1. It's snowing again! All my carefully laid Saturday plans are going out the window (or being burried by the snow). On the BBC forcast it says it's raining. It isn't.

2. It's snowing again! All my carefully laid Saturday plans are going out the window (or being burried by the snow). On the BBC forcast it says it's raining. It isn't.

3. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

Where are you? It's pouring down here, definitely rain not snow!!

4. Rain, rain, rain, and very cold

5. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I have loads to do and an unpredicted 4" of snow outside. I was alarmed to find I am no longer pleased to see the stuff. I must have aged a bit.
    [​IMG]

6. Derbyshire. Forcast says snow on the high peaks but I am not in the high peaks. It's really heavy!

7. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Buxton.

8. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

More snow :)

9. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

At least 3" of snow here in Leeds and no sign of it letting up. I've had to cancel plans to drive down to see my mother, and I hope it stops as I have a prison pick up on Monday I have to drive to.

10. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

We've got it too. Looks like my trip across the penines next week could be in jeapordy. Enough already!

11. Prison pick up - just being nosy - can you explain?

12. ilovesooty

Hi Miss Pious: of course.

Part of my job role is collecting prisoners on release and helping them to organise themselves, get to appointments etc to facilitate their return to the community. One of my caseload is out on Monday and has no where to live and no family so he will have to present himself as homeless at housing in order to be allocated a hostel place. Other appointments might include probation appointments or medical/drug intervention appointments.

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Really hope the snow is just a one day wonder and jiggers off tomorrow, sooty.
    If not, go canny on those roads on Monday.

14. ilovesooty

Thanks manashee: I hope so too. I have to drive a 25 mile round trip to a meeting on Monday night too, and to another on Wednesday night, so hopefully this will be short lived.

15. At the risk of annoying everyone- it's bright sunshine and really warm down here in Somerset!

16. Many thanks for sharing. Can I ask what your job title is? Curiosity killed the cat I know...

17. ilovesooty

Drug Intervention Project Worker, but I believe that will soon officially include Offender Manager. In case you've looked at any of my other posts and are confused, I work as a freelance counsellor in my spare time.

18. #

Sounds an interesting job....though sound slike it is "evolving" or just being dumped with more and more to do.... how did you get into it?

19. ilovesooty

We're moving into generic job roles in close association with the police and probation service. I applied as a volunteer with my company and my application was picked out by one of the managers and I was offered paid employment. I've worked on a number of different projects: in probation offices, in youth offending, in employability and training programmes with JobCentre Plus (one with BME women) and now back to the criminal justice system.

20. ilovesooty

Fingers crossed: the snow's stopped here.