1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Snobs limousines

Discussion in 'Personal' started by OTTER, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Is this the ultimate oxymoron? Or am I just a snob? This might just be a case of a missing apostrophe .i.e these are limousines owned by a snob or even a Mr Snob. However I have my doubts.
    I cannot imagine anyone, with aspirations to being a snob, riding in this white monster with 'Snobs limousines' emblazoned on the back window in a very flowery font. It really made me laugh on my way to my weekly shop.
    On the return journey I saw another white limousine in my rear mirror. I slowed to let it pass me so I could see if this was another of M Snob's fleet. But no. This vehicle had a url in gold written across its rear end, 'hiremylimousine' much classier I thought.

2. Is this the ultimate oxymoron? Or am I just a snob? This might just be a case of a missing apostrophe .i.e these are limousines owned by a snob or even a Mr Snob. However I have my doubts.
    I cannot imagine anyone, with aspirations to being a snob, riding in this white monster with 'Snobs limousines' emblazoned on the back window in a very flowery font. It really made me laugh on my way to my weekly shop.
    On the return journey I saw another white limousine in my rear mirror. I slowed to let it pass me so I could see if this was another of M Snob's fleet. But no. This vehicle had a url in gold written across its rear end, 'hiremylimousine' much classier I thought.

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

But you remembered the first one, and you've just talked about it to us... so from an advertising perspective it work better... In six months if you wanted a limo you could probably recall that as it was amusing...? x