1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Snitch"

Discussion in 'Primary' started by catjane, Nov 12, 2019.

1. catjane

catjane New commenter

I have a real issue in my class with children bullying others and then calling "snitch" to anyone who tries to tell an adult about it. It is making vulnerable children afraid of telling me things that are upsetting them. I want to try to address this issue, has anyone got a good story or starting point, or go-to resource that I could tap into please?
    Thank you for any ideas.

2. chickenlady4

chickenlady4 Occasional commenter

It is antibullying week at the mo so there should be lots of resources out there to help. I resorted to twisting it so instead of the don't bully message, I went down the route of how to deal with those who are unkind/bully . It might help. Have you a box or worry monster for the children to write their problems anonymously as it might help prevent them from being called a snitch. Also, zero tolerance for those who say snitch. I have told mine that if they are unpleasant outside (as that where it seems to go wrong more) then they are not considered safe, so they are not allowed out. I find it does stop them pretty fast. It is a tricky one. Hope you find something that works for your class. Good luck.